Updates to the forgotten bay forum

Go down

Updates to the forgotten bay forum

Post  Sleep on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:03 am

Alright, so did a lot of the back end on the systems this morning.

• There is now a fully functioning "ranking" system (based on how many posts you have you get a rank and a symbol by your name)
  • An "Honor" system (you get points for whenever you make a new post, reply to posts, or befriend another user. You also get 1 point for every day you have been a member, so sign up!)
  • The gallery system (you can upload pictures to the gallery. Please try to keep L5R related and no BMPs for the love of god)
  • I have made some simple "Forgotten Bay" banners and made a post about it in the "Forgotten Bay Dojo" subforum for requests. I can make more/different ones if anyone wants, just let me know.
  • I toned down the colors of the side bars so they aren't as distracting, as well as widened the forum itself so that your eyes are more drawn in to the center. This can all still be changed even more based on feedback though. Let me know!

Coming in the next few days (after the Tampa Kotei):

• The sites re-name to "www.theforgottenbay.com" (it's just pending, should be 2-3 days)
  • Updated L5R themed emoticons/smileys!
  • changed graphics for the topic notifications (the circles next to the forum names on the main page, and the circles with lines next to each topic name in the index) to be more in-tune with the style of the boards.

Used to blog L5R, now I run the community board for Tampa L5R, The Forgotten Bay.
Top Lion Atlanta Kotei 2012, Top 16, 10th Overall.
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updates to the forgotten bay forum

Post  Sleep on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:56 am

Sleep wrote:
Coming in the next few days (after the Tampa Kotei):

• The sites re-name to "www.theforgottenbay.com" (it's just pending, should be 2-3 days) DONE
  • Updated L5R themed emoticons/smileys!
  • changed graphics for the topic notifications (the circles next to the forum names on the main page, and the circles with lines next to each topic name in the index) to be more in-tune with the style of the boards. DONE

So, next up is the emoticons/smileys. Plan on getting those done sometime in the next few days. In addition, I also made a bunch of new banners so check those out if you are interested.

Used to blog L5R, now I run the community board for Tampa L5R, The Forgotten Bay.
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:05 am

Alright! New smilies are up! Sorry it took so long all.

Dancing Banana
beer!
Hida
Ninja
Samurai
Shocked!

Also, if anyone ever has any requests or input about the site, please post so here! I want this to be a great forum experience for everyone!

Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:27 am

Thank you!!
Kakita Hideo
Kenshinzen of The Forgotten Bay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep on Tue May 10, 2011 9:36 am

Made a few small updates today.

Changed the icon up in the menu for when you have a new private message. It now glows orange (similar to how topics glow orange when there is a new post) to stand out more. Hopefully this should alleviate an issue that I've been told a few users had with noticing that they had private messages.

Also, I did some work on the back end setting up some private forums. By their very nature though, you can't know about them. So nyah! Dancing Banana

Lastly, I set up the Gallery feature which is now open to posting. To add a new picture, you click the "upload" button at the upper left hand corner of the gallery. Please try to limit these to pictures from major events. Right now storage space is limited, but if the Gallery feature is popular I will increase the storage space for it.

Enjoy!

Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum