The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pheonix Magistrate Honor/Dishonor Switch

5 posters

Go down

Pheonix Magistrate Honor/Dishonor Switch Empty Pheonix Magistrate Honor/Dishonor Switch

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:29 pm

And the guts... Funny how houhou makes a great self-resurrecting magistrate when hit with spirit of the truth, kuzanori is also tasty.

# Dynasty (40)

# Events (2)
1 Ignoble Demise
1 Minor Blackmail

# Celestials (1)
1 Saibankan's Justice

# Holdings (14)
1 Counting House
1 Traveling Peddler
2 Beautiful Host
3 Silver Mine
3 Magistrate's Stipend
1 Temple to Shinsei
2 My Father's Shrine
1 Kitsune Den

# Personalities (23)
1 Asako Fosu
3 Asako Serizawa
3 Agasha Kokiden
3 Asako Izuna
1 Isawa Mitsuko
1 Isawa Sakonoko
3 Shiba Shigenobu
3 Houhou
1 Yogo Kazunori
1 Isawa Kumai - exp
2 Asako Ayako
1 Shiba Ningen - exp3

# Fate (40)

# Strategies (26)
3 Unimpeachable Name
3 Taxing the Scum
3 Patrolling the Roads
3 Rain of Justice
3 Restoring Order
3 Spirit of the Truth
3 Outer Walls
1 The Thriving Light
1 The Fires of War
1 Subversive Whispers
1 Relentless Conviction
1 Shisa Infestation

# Items (1)
1 Ancient Tome

# Spells (11)
3 Seek the Stain
3 The Kami's Whisper
2 Words of Consecration
3 Touch of Ice

# Rings (2)
1 Ring of the Void
1 Ring of Air
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Back to top Go down

Pheonix Magistrate Honor/Dishonor Switch Empty Re: Pheonix Magistrate Honor/Dishonor Switch

Post  Gosh Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:58 pm

Moto Damasko wrote:kuzanori is also tasty
Stop diddling my dudes. Only I can diddle my dudes.
Gosh
Gosh
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Pheonix Magistrate Honor/Dishonor Switch Empty Re: Pheonix Magistrate Honor/Dishonor Switch

Post  Kakita Hideo Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:22 am

If you truly want to be an honor/dishonor switch then you need more utility in your personalities. Hou-Hou isn't doing much because you can't recur him easily. I would suggest running Expendable Resources or the holding that allows you to "greater sacrifice" your guy. I'd have to see the deck run but i feel like you would just get stuck halfway each time on your win conditions.
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo
Kenshinzen of The Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:11 am

Kakita Hideo wrote:If you truly want to be an honor/dishonor switch then you need more utility in your personalities. Hou-Hou isn't doing much because you can't recur him easily. I would suggest running Expendable Resources or the holding that allows you to "greater sacrifice" your guy. I'd have to see the deck run but i feel like you would just get stuck halfway each time on your win conditions.

The deck is an honor runner foremost and dishonor secondary, vs the current slander which is generally dishonor foremost honor secondary. Since the theme lacks some personalities it's fine. Expendable resources is a good idea, I was considering seidan sanzo as a two of, but we shall see. Other than that, I need time to play around with it to get used to what works and what doesn't. Not a phoenix player remember Razz.

At the end of the day I goofed off with the deck on tuesday against the new players straight out of the box. The stronghold is really cool, but without the engine I was lucky I was playing against spider. Once the engine is formed, it should be fine though. Houhou just stands in the way of military, against honor runners, I'm thinking, seidan him up and send him in? Got me... Might take out a few cards for no time for games.

Also the new magistrate with build in kill/destroy action also goes in out of FL automatically to replace someone.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Gosh Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:51 pm

http://l5rsearch.com/db/search.cgi?cmd=detail&card_id=8749
Gosh
Gosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:12 pm

Looking for a nice cozy deck to snuggle up in......Settle down Chris.... Very Happy

http://l5rsearch.com/images/cards/agashaasai.jpg
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo
Kenshinzen of The Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:24 pm

Updated list, removed the scum of the earth from the deck. Also added a new battle shugenja that gains honor and the force pump/redux monk. Replaced a few cards, put 1x seiden in place of beautiful as another method to get houhou dead. The deck runs pretty well, even without help it can easily kill houhou between mountains and expendable. Nothing like giving houhou magistrate and throwing him under the bus. Considering dropping kokiden all together but she's another magistrate that will occasionally damage opponents by the virtue of simply being who she is.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Akodo Tealzooka Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:03 pm

Kakita Hideo wrote:Looking for a nice cozy deck to snuggle up in......Settle down Chris.... Very Happy

I do not care for her. She only effects a shugenja (for bow) and if your opponent lets her live to let that happen again they are a fool.
Akodo Tealzooka
Akodo Tealzooka
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:14 pm

Akodo Tealzooka wrote:
Kakita Hideo wrote:Looking for a nice cozy deck to snuggle up in......Settle down Chris.... Very Happy

I do not care for her. She only effects a shugenja (for bow) and if your opponent lets her live to let that happen again they are a fool.

The part that they are excited about is her 2nd ability. It's a net gain of 4 honor. You gain 2 AND the opponent loses 2. She's the perfect switch personality.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Akodo Tealzooka Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:43 pm

Yes, it does help but she tends to die very fast. lol
I guess that why I don't like her as much
Akodo Tealzooka
Akodo Tealzooka
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:50 pm

I'd rather use the air shugenja that gives -4 force, if it 0's something, gain 2 honor, run home. The deck is rocking vs military, not sure how control honor though *shrug* for them you have your standard holdings and touch of ice I guess?
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down