The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[FL] Strategy : Honor Never Falls

5 posters

Go down

[FL] Strategy : Honor Never Falls Empty [FL] Strategy : Honor Never Falls

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:54 am

Honor Never Falls
0 G
Unique

As a Focus Effect: Delay all consequences of losing this duel (from any source) until the end of the turn.
Battle:
Choose your performing bowed personality: Straighten him. If he is
Unique you may take an additional Battle action to use one of his base
abilities.
3 FV

Finally! a focus card I can get behind! No longer shall other clans have to deal with crane dueling bull!#%^. Beyond that it reminds me of crosswind cut from unicorn's past, although that card was much more versatile.

Last edited by Moto Damasko on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Back to top Go down

[FL] Strategy : Honor Never Falls Empty Re: [FL] Strategy : Honor Never Falls

Post  panku Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:26 pm

Its a unique, so the chances of getting this into a focus pool are extremely rare, and the battle action is pretty mediocre.
panku
panku
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:01 pm

Straight personality, take an additional action, and a focus effect to negate a death (can be focused from hand) is weak? boy, whata world... can't wait for next arc to start so I can play with cards instead of just replacing existing ones with better unique versions.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  panku Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:17 pm

It only prevents the consequences until the end of the turn. Based on what you said, your guy still ends up dead.

I'll point out that monk decks have not been running Spinning Heel Kick, which has a explicitly better battle action. In addition to that, there is a non-unique card, printed this set, that lets you unbow any personality as a battle/open and take a additional action.

The card may see some play in extremely unique heavy decks, but once CE rotates out it will become a coaster.

Creating Order does too much. Honor Never Falls on the other hand, doesn't do enough.

Last edited by panku on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
panku
panku

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:56 pm

Still straightens a personality, which for next arc will be perfectly fine. If you already have cost of pride in your deck, I'd put this in automatically in place of one, especially in a big weapon deck as ranged attacks often mean nothing to you already. "End of turn" is enough to take a province with a guy that would automatically die anyways. I think it's fine for that purpose. Also could mean a person stay's straight instead of being bowed, equally effective.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  panku Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Ok, let me reiterate. If you where to run the new yojimbo card instead you could simply unbow that personality after an open phase duel that bows. So there is no real advantage to HNF's in that situation.

I prefer the versatility of straightening in any phase and taking any additional action, over the off chance of temporarily preventing a death from a duel and being restricted to taking a base action from a unique.

I'd also like to point out that Shadow Tactics is another solid straighten action going into the next arc. So far we are seeing a lot of bow/straighten actions.

Send home on the other hand, looks like its going to be a lot more powerful. The only strategy i can think of that moves personalities back into battles is Broken Alliance.
panku
panku

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:02 pm

panku wrote:Ok, let me reiterate. If you where to run the new yojimbo card instead you could simply unbow that personality after an open phase duel that bows. So there is no real advantage to HNF's in that situation.

I prefer the versatility of straightening in any phase and taking any additional action, over the off chance of temporarily preventing a death from a duel and being restricted to taking a base action from a unique.

I'd also like to point out that Shadow Tactics is another solid straighten action going into the next arc. So far we are seeing a lot of bow/straighten actions.

Send home on the other hand, looks like its going to be a lot more powerful. The only strategy i can think of that moves personalities back into battles is Broken Alliance.

who needs strategies when you gots wyrmbones =p
Pruto
Pruto
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:54 pm

I suppose that you are right, I just look at it as a possibility that seems good to me (and another kill negation in my weapons build). When it comes to unbow next arc with my tacticians it'll probably mostly be based around running the good uniques and all the tacticians/best personalities I can run (kinda like naked lion early arc).

In those relatively sparse slots I can run any non-unique strategies that I need, but there will be open slots for utility strategies that have duel purpose. I hope that we see more utility cards with dueling based focus effects that make me want to focus in duels against say a crane or dragon instead of just farting around and accepting a dead personality without any way to fight back.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Gosh Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:55 pm

Moto Damasko wrote:it reminds me of crosswind cut from unicorn's past
Not even close, though I'd give your left nut to see it return.
Gosh
Gosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:39 pm

Gosh wrote:
Moto Damasko wrote:it reminds me of crosswind cut from unicorn's past
Not even close, though I'd give your left nut to see it return.

I said reminds me! reminds me! crosswind cut was the Q#%^. "Fuck your duel, I lose two honor, who cares, I KILL YOU NOW"
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Velo75 Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:40 pm

this is a decent card

there is no room in my deck for decent cards...coaster

i'm not even sure if i'll play the yojimbo card, so no way will I play this
Velo75
Velo75