[FL] Scorpion Clan Personality: Bayushi Toshimo

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[FL] Scorpion Clan Personality: Bayushi Toshimo

Post  Moto Damasko on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:32 am


http://www.l5r.com/images/BayushiToshimo.jpg

4f / 3c
-HR / 7g / 1ph
Scorpion Clan . Samurai . Bitter Lies . Kensai . Paragon . Yojimbo. Loyal

Battle:
Target an enemy card without attachments: Bow it. If Toshimo has a
weapon or you control a Courtier, negate its straightening.

An amazing first for the paragon yojimbo theme and an excellent kensai. Hope scorpion keeps it's kensai them Razz Especially with a fellow this badass.
avatar
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Posts : 1242

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [FL] Scorpion Clan Personality: Bayushi Toshimo

Post  panku on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:58 pm

This is a great personality, i especially love the picture. Just like Spider monk/kensai, having access to 2 keywords for 1 theme is really powerful. They already have access to Grateful Reward/Cast Aside the Weak and A Yojimbo's Duty. Scorpion Paragon/Yojimbos are already looking strong. I'm really curious to see what their stronghold will look like.

This is also likely to be the last bit of support that we will see for the Bitter Lies theme.

While we are talking about yojimobos, i think it would be cool to see Ronin get that as there theme next arc. We already know that Hero's are getting cut, and it would be a really cool tribute to Kurosawa.

_____________________________

-Richard
avatar
panku
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 636

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [FL] Scorpion Clan Personality: Bayushi Toshimo

Post  Moto Damasko on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:06 pm

panku wrote:This is a great personality, i especially love the picture. Just like Spider monk/kensai, having access to 2 keywords for 1 theme is really powerful. They already have access to Grateful Reward/Cast Aside the Weak and A Yojimbo's Duty. Scorpion Paragon/Yojimbos are already looking strong. I'm really curious to see what their stronghold will look like.

This is also likely to be the last bit of support that we will see for the Bitter Lies theme.

While we are talking about yojimobos, i think it would be cool to see Ronin get that as there theme next arc. We already know that Hero's are getting cut, and it would be a really cool tribute to Kurosawa.

I'll bet that bitter lies sticks around.
avatar
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Posts : 1242

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [FL] Scorpion Clan Personality: Bayushi Toshimo

Post  Sleep on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:12 pm

Moto Damasko wrote:
panku wrote:This is a great personality, i especially love the picture. Just like Spider monk/kensai, having access to 2 keywords for 1 theme is really powerful. They already have access to Grateful Reward/Cast Aside the Weak and A Yojimbo's Duty. Scorpion Paragon/Yojimbos are already looking strong. I'm really curious to see what their stronghold will look like.

This is also likely to be the last bit of support that we will see for the Bitter Lies theme.

While we are talking about yojimobos, i think it would be cool to see Ronin get that as there theme next arc. We already know that Hero's are getting cut, and it would be a really cool tribute to Kurosawa.

I'll bet that bitter lies sticks around.

Just as a flavor keyword though. I don't see any more "all your bitter lies personalities get +1 force" or anything like that in the future. Kind of similar to Iron Crane. Crane scouts will still have the keyword, but I wouldn't expect to have any sort of theme associated with it.

_____________________________
~~Sleep~~
Phoenix Clan * Samurai

Used to blog L5R, now I run the community board for Tampa L5R, The Forgotten Bay.
Top Lion Atlanta Kotei 2012, Top 16, 10th Overall.
avatar
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Posts : 904
Location : Tampa, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [FL] Scorpion Clan Personality: Bayushi Toshimo

Post  panku on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:35 pm

I'm sure bitter lies is dead. The only reason this personality has kensai imo is to support the theme for the tail end of CE. The Paragon theme will replace it in EE.

_____________________________

-Richard
avatar
panku
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 636

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [FL] Scorpion Clan Personality: Bayushi Toshimo

Post  Moto Damasko on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:59 pm

panku wrote:I'm sure bitter lies is dead. The only reason this personality has kensai imo is to support the theme for the tail end of CE. The Paragon theme will replace it in EE.

Doesn't that still leave them short a theme? Oh right, ninja's. Nevermind then. I never associate ninja's with scorpion for some reason.

So political warfare, ninja's, paragon's, and magistrates.
avatar
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Posts : 1242

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [FL] Scorpion Clan Personality: Bayushi Toshimo

Post  Gosh on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:37 pm

panku wrote:I'm sure bitter lies is dead. The only reason this personality has kensai imo is to support the theme for the tail end of CE. The Paragon theme will replace it in EE.
This
avatar
Gosh
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 272
Location : Anthem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [FL] Scorpion Clan Personality: Bayushi Toshimo

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum