The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New follower of the Forgotten Bay? Introduce yourself here!

+25
shakespear
Tiger
Utaku Yu-Lose
Bayushi Yoshiro
Gosh
Daramere
Kakita Hideo
TheRonin
Daigotsu Thrakhath
DraconH
Aaronious
CrypticApathy
togashi_naiteiru
Velo75
Daner-sama
Akodo Tumbu
valentine
Akodo Tealzooka
Rain
Ogremunchy
Pruto
panku
Moto Damasko
sorn38
Sleep
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New follower of the Forgotten Bay?  Introduce yourself here! Empty New follower of the Forgotten Bay? Introduce yourself here!

Post  Sleep Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:49 am

Use this post for all introductions so everyone can get to know one another.

Last edited by Sleep on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

New follower of the Forgotten Bay?  Introduce yourself here! Empty Re: New follower of the Forgotten Bay? Introduce yourself here!

Post  sorn38 Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:05 pm

I'm not a local Smile But it seems I am destined to visit once a year. So I joined up.

My name is Frank Kallal. I'm a local TO in the St. louis MO area that has taken to traveling to help coordinate Kotei events. I'm also Global Form MOD on the AEG forum.

Other than that I'm Registered as a Spider supporter, but i'm really a Ratling at heart and dearly miss them. I've been involved with a few different Playtest teams, and it you look hard you can find my name somewhere in the credits on a few of the board games, as well as a few older CCG games. I've been playing AEG games for over a Decade, and Promoting them as part of the Bounty Hunter team for almost as long. (even after the Team was disbanded)

So yeah .. that's me.

Fk

sorn38
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

New follower of the Forgotten Bay?  Introduce yourself here! Empty Moto Damasko

Post  Moto Damasko Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:14 pm

Loyal unicorn player, I also play lion occasionally on the side (my original clan) but might be shifting towards spider if their non-tainty version (monks sorta) sticks around. Beyond that I enjoy building funky decks, utilizing bad cards and building bad decks.

Tampa Player at Anthem-games.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Back to top Go down

New follower of the Forgotten Bay?  Introduce yourself here! Empty Re: New follower of the Forgotten Bay? Introduce yourself here!

Post  panku Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:25 pm

I play spider and i like the taste of brains.
panku
panku
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:41 pm

I am Monkey! I fling poo

I enjoy the game, but haven't fallen in love with it or a new clan since they took away Monkey/TA.
Pruto
Pruto
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Ogremunchy Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:33 am

I used to be a (corrupted) Crab Berserker until they killed Kuon Evil or Very Mad , and now, though my heart remains on the wall, my blade and tetsubo fight for the Spider. Twisted Evil I like brains too, but I'd much rather eat my enemies whole. Saves time and trouble.
Ogremunchy
Ogremunchy
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:14 pm

Hey all - just saw this on the Tampa thread and wanted to come over and say hi. Not sure how far you are extending Southeast region wise - but its something within driving distance for me for interesting options at least. I'm primarily a Scorpion at heart - but tend to have three or four decks from other clans on me at any given time too.

Rain
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Akodo Tealzooka Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:30 pm

Akodo Tealzooka from Jacksonville, FL. I enjoy beheading undead and tainted foes a like. I am the big Akodo Lion from jville but still have both eyes.
Akodo Tealzooka
Akodo Tealzooka
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:46 pm

Rain wrote:Hey all - just saw this on the Tampa thread and wanted to come over and say hi. Not sure how far you are extending Southeast region wise - but its something within driving distance for me for interesting options at least. I'm primarily a Scorpion at heart - but tend to have three or four decks from other clans on me at any given time too.
All are welcome on the board, so if you want advice on a deck or strategy or just want to chat that's fine. That being said, the "goal" was pretty much florida up to about SC/NC, and west to about Mississippi-ish.

Tealzooka wrote:Akodo Tealzooka from Jacksonville, FL. I enjoy beheading undead and tainted foes a like. I am the big Akodo Lion from jville but still have both eyes.
Haha, figured I'd see you on here Tealzooka. Always a pleasure playing with you guys and it was cool to see you guys make the trip. Any chance you'll be making it to SC?

Last edited by Sleep on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Akodo Tealzooka Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:49 pm

Working on making the trip. Great seeing everyone and now having a home to talk to you guys in the bay.
Akodo Tealzooka
Akodo Tealzooka
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:17 am

Sleep wrote:
All are welcome on the board, so if you want advice on a deck or strategy or just want to chat that's fine. That being said, the "goal" was pretty much florida up to about SC/NC, and west to about Mississippi-ish.

Yeah I was just curious - lots of definitions of SE. I'm on the Texas/Louisiana border - so Mississippi-ish through Alabama isn't too bad for me (Really Florida isn't either with enough advance notice).

Rain
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  valentine Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:35 am

Good to see everyone again. I should have played ronin Razz
valentine
valentine
Forgotten Bay Bushi
Forgotten Bay Bushi

Back to top Go down

New follower of the Forgotten Bay?  Introduce yourself here! Empty Akodo Tumbu

Post  Akodo Tumbu Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:03 am

The name's Bradford, I'm from the Atlanta area, but I live in Athens GA. I'm one of the founders and The Voice of Clan Platypus-Bear. I've been playing L5R for about 6 months now, and it is by FAR my favorite of the numerous CCGs I've become fanatical about over the years. I've been playing RPGs of all sort since I got FF1 for my NES when I was eight years old, though I have a penchant for Tactics, or Turn-based Strategy style (Vandal Hearts, Front Mission 4, two of my favorites). I've sworn off MMOs. An oath I will have to break once SWOR comes out... Hmm... I play Lion Clan Tacticians, Taint-Free Edition. I sweeps it. I play all things percussive, have for about 20 years (kit for 20, keys for about 14, hand drums and timpani for about 10).
I'm really glad you guys put this site up! South East REPRESENT!

Sleep: I saw something about win-a-sword events. I collect blades, so I will do everything in my power to attend every one of these. What I ask of you is to post soon and post often when one of these events is declared! Also this: Props on the donation to the Kotei. I wanted that sword.
Akodo Tumbu
Akodo Tumbu
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:14 am

Akodo Tumbu wrote:The name's Bradford, I'm from the Atlanta area, but I live in Athens GA. I'm one of the founders and The Voice of Clan Platypus-Bear. I've been playing L5R for about 6 months now, and it is by FAR my favorite of the numerous CCGs I've become fanatical about over the years. I've been playing RPGs of all sort since I got FF1 for my NES when I was eight years old, though I have a penchant for Tactics, or Turn-based Strategy style (Vandal Hearts, Front Mission 4, two of my favorites). I've sworn off MMOs. An oath I will have to break once SWOR comes out... Hmm... I play Lion Clan Tacticians, Taint-Free Edition. I sweeps it. I play all things percussive, have for about 20 years (kit for 20, keys for about 14, hand drums and timpani for about 10).
Haha, welcome and thanks for the extensive backround. I'll try to keep track of it all in case I ever go on Jeapardy. As an aside, I also really love Tactical RPG's (one of the reasons I love the tabletop L5R RPG is our GM runs it very close to tactical strategy RPG's, very grid and distance based), and can't believe you didn't mention Tactics Ogre. Maybe you aren't a fan, but it's iconic and some of the best tactics out there. That aside, Front Mission 3 is also really high up there, but I could never get into Front Mission 4. Maybe I'll try it again based on your recommendation.

I'm really glad you guys put this site up! South East REPRESENT!
Thanks! We know that there are little pockets of players that don't have a strong online community to work together with (Athens GA, Pensacola FL, Jacksonville Fl, and Miami FL) and we figured that there were probably even more that we didn't know about, so it just made sense to put the forum up. Builds a great sense of community for the whole area and helps everyone get better at the same time!

Sleep: I saw something about win-a-sword events. I collect blades, so I will do everything in my power to attend every one of these. What I ask of you is to post soon and post often when one of these events is declared! Also this: Props on the donation to the Kotei. I wanted that sword.

Haha, thanks again. As far as the sword tournaments, we are big on those down here and try to hold at least 1-2 a year. Who knows, we may even hold a Tetsubo tournament (or maybe not Crying or Very sad, but a crab can wish!).

Worry not though, since we want to organize events for the whole SE we will make sure that we post about these at LEAST a month in advance. We will also make sure to pick a centralized location, something like Atlanta or a store in between if there is a suitable location. If that isn't viable, then rotating the locations around the southeast would also work (rotating between SC, Atlanta, and Tampa every 3 or 4 months or something).
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Akodo Tumbu Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:44 am

thanks for the extensive backround.
hmm... I did ramble on something fierce... My apologies. I need some shut-eye...

I can't believe you didn't mention Tactics Ogre.
Oh man, I love that game too... I kept the inital list to two though, in an attempt to curb the rambling (a failed attempt).

We will also make sure to pick a centralized location, something like Atlanta or a store in between if there is a suitable location.
THAT'S what I'm talking about!
Akodo Tumbu
Akodo Tumbu
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

New follower of the Forgotten Bay?  Introduce yourself here! Empty Hello

Post  Daner-sama Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:19 pm

Hello, this is Duane. Some of you know me from the Kotei's & Winner's Choice events the last few years.

I have been playing L5R for a few years. I played back at the beginning of Lotus and whatever arc was before that, but I didn't like getting my head kicked in with my crappy Lion deck back then.

I started with Dragon Monk Dueling Honor in Samurai and then I saw the preview for this card and I became a dedicated Crane player at the beginning of this arc.

New follower of the Forgotten Bay?  Introduce yourself here! Kakita_taminoko

I still think this is one of the most beautiful cards from Celestial. I don't think its made one of my decks for awhile, but the art is exquisite.

I have done OK as a player. I have won a couple of local gigs here, finished in the Top 8 of the Sarasota Kotei 2011, got Top Crane at Winner's Choice in Tampa 2010, and I have gone 5-2 at the other two Koteis I attended in Atlanta 2009 & Orlando 2010. I was pretty proud of my 5-2 in Orlando, because we weren't too good last year, but I still loved that deck(Dueling Honor w/ 4FV weapons & support).

OK, well that's about all I got for now. I'll talk to you all soon.

-Duane

Daner-sama
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:38 pm

Welcome Duane! Good to see you Jacksonville guys, as always. Congrats again on your top 8 finish!
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Velo75 Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:17 pm

Hello this is Evan Paul

I only know how to play one clan

my favorite Lion player is Trevor Valentine
Velo75
Velo75
Hero of the Forgotten Bay
Hero of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:28 pm

Velo75 wrote:Hello this is Evan Paul

I only know how to play one clan

my favorite Lion player is Trevor Valentine

dude, i thought you were like, from where it snows and stuff. no snow covered plains here in the southeast Razz
Pruto
Pruto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:00 am

Velo is from Tennessee IIRC. It may be snowy in some of those mountains, but anyone who thinks that Tennessee is not "southern" is surely mistaken.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  togashi_naiteiru Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:39 pm

It is I, Corey (one of the three in the South it seems), which most of you know since I see the local people in Tampa every week. I am a Dragon player, with leanings towards Phoenix (well in EE)! Anyhow I made a name on here and am active now.
togashi_naiteiru
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

http://www.coreybeahon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:38 pm

togashi_naiteiru wrote:It is I, Corey (one of the three in the South it seems), which most of you know since I see the local people in Tampa every week. I am a Dragon player, with leanings towards Phoenix (well in EE)! Anyhow I made a name on here and am active now.

Sweet!

It will be awesome being able to talk to you and chris on the interwebs seeing as you never really came to the anthem forums!

Hopefully will see you at the shop tonight.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  togashi_naiteiru Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:40 pm

Sleep wrote:
togashi_naiteiru wrote:It is I, Corey (one of the three in the South it seems), which most of you know since I see the local people in Tampa every week. I am a Dragon player, with leanings towards Phoenix (well in EE)! Anyhow I made a name on here and am active now.

Sweet!

It will be awesome being able to talk to you and chris on the interwebs seeing as you never really came to the anthem forums!

Hopefully will see you at the shop tonight.

Ya, the Anthem forums were slow and honestly made me cry.

I will be there, Chris shall not be able to make it.
togashi_naiteiru
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

http://www.coreybeahon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:46 pm

Rage at chris... rage hard.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  CrypticApathy Sun May 15, 2011 8:51 pm

Howdy im Ryan, New to the whole L5R game. Looking to learn. Ill be going to anthem games.
CrypticApathy
CrypticApathy
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next