The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keezus.

3 posters

Go down

Keezus. Empty Keezus.

Post  Sleep Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:05 am

Keezus. Keezus

Keezus, the "Kobold Jesus" of my DnD campaign that I'm DMing for some of my friends. Trying to get some info out of the last kobold standing, the party failed both diplomacy and intimidate checks, and that's when the Invoker (A disciple of the god Kord) offered that they could make a religion check to try to "convert" him to Kordism and then get info that way. This isn't a normal application of the religion skill, but I said screw it, they were having fun with the idea, so I let the dice decide. And that's how Keezus was born. She rolled a 20 and because of the "crit" I decided that not only would the kobold reconsider his faith, he would completely and blindly follow Kordism. Five minutes later the party brutally slayed him. His last words? "Kord... forgive me...".

Since then, the party has fallen in love with the bugger and have been preaching him as a Martyr who died for all Kobolds' sins.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Keezus. Empty Re: Keezus.

Post  Gosh Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:08 am

I still say your Invoker failed by killing a zealot of her own faith. Does 4th Ed have an equivalent to the old Leadership feat? Keezus would have been the best henchman evar. EVAR!
Gosh
Gosh
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:25 am

Well, it wasn't player knowledge that I had made the conversion so meaningful to him. I explained that the roll was successful, and that the kobold "reluctantly" gave the information about a tough npc in the next encounter because he wanted to avoid the wrath of kord. It wasn't until they killed him and he had his dieing gasps that they really canonized him and gave him a name and everything.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:29 am

And no, AFAIK in the core rules there isn't a specific leadership trait or any way to mechanically gain a henchman. That being said, I DM fast and loose, and had they not killed him I probably would have had Keezus follow them/do their bidding even if only in a Gollum-esque role.

This is the same campaign that has Abdul-Kareem Jafar, an immortal Sorcerer who is modeled after Jafar from Aladdin, and stealing the name from Kareem-Abdul Jabar the basketball player. This is his player portrait in our campaign wiki:

Keezus. Jafar

He has a parrot that rides on his shoulder named Gilbert Godfried. This campaign is... not a serious one.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Gosh Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:29 pm

You should run a Paranoia game sometime heh
Gosh
Gosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:17 pm

Wow... only word I can say... all hail Keesus! Kobold for our sins... It's all fun and games till he resurrects as a reborn hero of kord.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum