The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New follower of the Forgotten Bay? Introduce yourself here!

+25
shakespear
Tiger
Utaku Yu-Lose
Bayushi Yoshiro
Gosh
Daramere
Kakita Hideo
TheRonin
Daigotsu Thrakhath
DraconH
Aaronious
CrypticApathy
togashi_naiteiru
Velo75
Daner-sama
Akodo Tumbu
valentine
Akodo Tealzooka
Rain
Ogremunchy
Pruto
panku
Moto Damasko
sorn38
Sleep
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

New follower of the Forgotten Bay?  Introduce yourself here! - Page 3 Empty Re: New follower of the Forgotten Bay? Introduce yourself here!

Post  shakespear Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:05 pm

MIssissippi-ish checking in..

Very Happy

Just started a group of players in Jackson. Just got a stronghold store.

There is a club with a large group in Hattiesburg.

shakespear
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

New follower of the Forgotten Bay?  Introduce yourself here! - Page 3 Empty Re: New follower of the Forgotten Bay? Introduce yourself here!

Post  Sleep Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:11 pm

shakespear wrote:MIssissippi-ish checking in..

Very Happy

Just started a group of players in Jackson. Just got a stronghold store.

There is a club with a large group in Hattiesburg.

Welcome!
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Congratz on joining the greatest party since sliced bread New follower of the Forgotten Bay?  Introduce yourself here! - Page 3 1492543149
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsuruchi Saito Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:27 am

This is what I get for not looking around on the boards, I forget to introduce myself :p

My name is James and I'll be moving to Tampa from Lakeland in about 9 days. Im coming over to the CCG from the RPG, so Im still somewhat of a noob, but Im looking forward to getting into the game Samurai
Tsuruchi Saito
Tsuruchi Saito
Hero of the Forgotten Bay
Hero of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Umiushi_Taida Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:04 am

Hey my names Chris. I just started playing seriously in EE. I play crab and am a member of the Manatee Clan. I travel a lot for tournaments and Am our local T.O. at the Darkside in Sarasota.
Umiushi_Taida
Umiushi_Taida
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinjo Seong-Ji Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:03 am

Hey. I'm Nick at Anthem Games in Tampa. Some of the guys there told me to sign up here. Still new to the card game, been playing the RPG a bit longer. Mainly focusing on Unicorn now.

Shinjo Seong-Ji
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:07 am

Shinjo Seong-Ji wrote:Hey. I'm Nick at Anthem Games in Tampa. Some of the guys there told me to sign up here. Still new to the card game, been playing the RPG a bit longer. Mainly focusing on Unicorn now.

Welcome dude =) happy to see you join.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayushi Ietsuna Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:55 pm

Not really sure how much this would be a thread necro....  But Hi all! Very Happy

Just recently, back in November, got into the CCG. I'm a bit away from ya'll over here in Orlando. I'm hoping this year to make it to the Kotei, although I fully recognize the folly of thinking I'll do well lol. But hey, it's gonna be a heck of a lot of fun!

I have been a fan of the game since.... 05, I think? Played the RPG on and off through the years, but my intro was the Clan Wars books. Scorpion has always been my heart-clan, with Crane and Crab close seconds.
Bayushi Ietsuna
Bayushi Ietsuna
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  panku Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:27 pm

Hello and welcome!  

Its more than possible for you to do well at the kotei, especially with scorpion. Get as many games as possible. You don't always have to be an amazing player to do well in l5r as long as you know your deck inside and out. How is the community over in orlando? Are they active?
panku
panku
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayushi Ietsuna Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:40 am

To be honest, I haven't played anyone but a buddy of mine I got to get into the game at the same time. (Well, other than playing on Untap, but even then there is only a couple l5r players on there.)  I keep hearing the community over here is alive and well, but I've noted that three of our stronghold stores according to AEG actually haven't been a stronghold for the last few years, which is sad. Dunno what that says about the community though, maybe nothing, because the stores still carry l5r all the same *shrug*

I want to get better with Scorpion, but at the moment I haven't been able to find my stride with them, so to say lol. I'm actually looking at taking a Crane or Lion to Kotei, I think they fit my playstyle better, sadly lol. Are Scorpion doing well in the meta? For some reason I was under the impression they were not doing so hot this arc
Bayushi Ietsuna
Bayushi Ietsuna
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  panku Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:57 pm

There are 8 of us playing semi-regularly. We meet up at one of our houses and order cards online as our Local Gaming Store died. Untap used to have a large player base but everyone has moved to "Sun and Moon". I would strongly recommend downloading it. Here is our thread on it from just the other week: http://www.theforgottenbay.com/t915-sun-and-moon

The 20 Festivals environment just started, with only 2 weeks of kotei under its belt. As of the moment, Scorpion has the highest "Making the Cut" ratio of 42%. That means that 42% of people playing Scorpion make it into the Cut rounds, if things where balanced perfectly statistically, each faction's "making the cut %" would be 11%. They actually won 2 kotei Last weekend. So they look to be in an incredibly good position with both their military and dishonor decks being strong.
panku
panku

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3