The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarasota/Bradenton Starter Deck Sealed Event 02/24/12

+5
HidaDowling
Moto Damasko
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Bayushi Yoshiro
Umiushi Jaredo
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sarasota/Bradenton Starter Deck Sealed Event 02/24/12  Empty Sarasota/Bradenton Starter Deck Sealed Event 02/24/12

Post  Umiushi Jaredo Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 pm

Greetings, everyone! Jared from Dark Side here (under a new alias to reflect my Manatee Clan membership) with preliminary information about the Emperor Edition Sealed Event we are holding.

The sealed event will be on Friday, 02/24/12 at 6:30 PM
The entry fee will be $30.00.
Prizes will include the "Peace" promotional card just for playing, as well as more shiny Emperor Edition packs! If anybody has a prize they would like to donate, please feel free to!

I would really like for everyone to be able to play the Clan they want to in the tournament, so I will take a head count of who wants what, and if I can satisfy EVERYONE, then everyone will get their Clan of choice. If I cannot satisfy EVERYONE, then I will randomly distribute decks to players, but before players open their box, they will be able to trade amongst the others for what they want.

If you haven't heard, every starter deck comes with a focused 40/40 deck and one booster pack each of Emperor Edition, Before the Dawn, and Second City. Everyone will use the booster packs that came in their starter decks to supplement their card pool. Players will have 20-30 minutes to make any necessary changes. The newest Focus on Emperor Edition article goes over all the cool stuff you get in your starter deck! If anyone would like to pick up another starter on their way out, we will be selling them for the MSRP of $24.99.

Last edited by Umiushi Jaredo on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Umiushi Jaredo
Umiushi Jaredo
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Sarasota/Bradenton Starter Deck Sealed Event 02/24/12  Empty Re: Sarasota/Bradenton Starter Deck Sealed Event 02/24/12

Post  Bayushi Yoshiro Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:50 pm

I'm definitely down, but out of curiosity, why Friday? Have to take off a good chunk of time to drive down from Gville to be there in time, but I'm game either way.

Scorpion Clan would be my preference. Mantis Clan as a secondary choice.

Bayushi Yoshiro
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Sarasota/Bradenton Starter Deck Sealed Event 02/24/12  Empty Re: Sarasota/Bradenton Starter Deck Sealed Event 02/24/12

Post  Umiushi Jaredo Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Friday 02/17/12 is just the first day we CAN schedule an event. Nothing is set in stone yet, I'm still consulting our locals to see when is good for them. Check back Monday evening for a confirmed date! Feel free to let me know when is good for you!
Umiushi Jaredo
Umiushi Jaredo
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayushi Yoshiro Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:55 pm

Any weekend day is good for me Sat/Sun. I can do Friday too, it's just more effort.

I'd guess at the moment you'll have 3 from the Gville area coming down.

Bayushi Yoshiro
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Daigotsu Thrakhath Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:10 pm

If Saturday or Sunday works for you guys then we could probably get our count from Gaineville up to 4. Unfortunately the fourth guy works the night shift, so if it ends up being on Friday he wouldn't be able to make it.
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Ambassador of the Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Umiushi Jaredo Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:18 pm

Please note that we now have the event scheduled for 02/24/12 at 6:30 PM. The first post has been edited to reflect this.
Umiushi Jaredo
Umiushi Jaredo
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:36 pm

Sounds fine to me... Pretty much only 1 viable deck outa my starter XD
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayushi Yoshiro Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:19 pm

Ouch. Well that definitely limits us to 3 attending which kind of sucks.

How early do we need to be there to actually register?

Bayushi Yoshiro
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Umiushi Jaredo Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:40 am

6:15ish should be fine.
Umiushi Jaredo
Umiushi Jaredo
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Sarasota/Bradenton Starter Deck Sealed Event 02/24/12  Empty I will be down for friday

Post  HidaDowling Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Hello sir,

I will be down on the friday. I haven't played L5R since in ten years, however i want to get right back into it. I look forward to playing once again
I would love a Crab clan deck please.
HidaDowling
HidaDowling
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Umiushi Jaredo Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:04 am

Awesome! You are more than welcome to join us! I've only played since Celestial (little more than a year now), so I can't begin to know what all has changed since, but I'm sure the core mechanics are basically the same.

As far as getting you a Crab Deck, I'm hoping to be able to get everyone what they want, but if I can't satisfy everyone, I must distribute them randomly. Players are free to trade their Starters before opening them with the other players, though.

Can't wait to see you there! Very Happy
Umiushi Jaredo
Umiushi Jaredo
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:25 am

Umiushi Jaredo wrote:Awesome! You are more than welcome to join us! I've only played since Celestial (little more than a year now), so I can't begin to know what all has changed since, but I'm sure the core mechanics are basically the same.

As far as getting you a Crab Deck, I'm hoping to be able to get everyone what they want, but if I can't satisfy everyone, I must distribute them randomly. Players are free to trade their Starters before opening them with the other players, though.

Can't wait to see you there! Very Happy

Question: Are you only using one box of starters (thus one for everyone?) or multiple boxes so people can play what they want (within reason, I understand that you probably wont have 10 crane decks, for example)?

Either way is fine TBQH, I just want to know because it may impact whether I go or not.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Umiushi Jaredo Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:32 am

I should have three whole boxes (three of each starter). If I get roughly the same crowd as I got for the Draft and they continue to play for the Clans they played for in the Draft, it should work out (there were a handful of two ofs, some one ofs, but Spider had 3 people, but I know for a fact one of those Spider players won't be able to make it for the Sealed).

If for some reason 4 people want to play X Clan and none of them will settle for something else, I'll have to distribute them at random, but I honestly would be very surprised if that happened, based on the fact 95% of the players for the Sealed are the same people that came to the Draft and the distribution of Clans between those players.

Hope this helps answer your question! Feel free to voice any other concerns, my goal is to run a great event and feedback certainly helps! Smile
Umiushi Jaredo
Umiushi Jaredo
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  HidaDowling Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:43 am

I am really looking forward to this. I cant wait to get back into the game.
HidaDowling
HidaDowling

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:42 pm

HidaDowling wrote:I am really looking forward to this. I cant wait to get back into the game.

We're excited to have you! We have a GREAT "core" of players (with some really good players too, several of our players have won major events, and the number of top 4/8 appearances by the Forgotten Bay/Manatee guys is HUGE) and we are always looking for more friendly fanatical players! Look forward to seeing you there.

@jared You answered my question. The big thing is that I'm thinking of playing Phoenix but I know that Phoenix is your "main" clan so I didn't want to take the only phoenix starter from you. But I know for a fact we wont have 4 people wanting phoenix so I"m allll good.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Actually, change of plans. I can't come (forgot that I had other plans on friday night). I know anthony, patrick, and corey B are still going (or planning on going)
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  togashi_naiteiru Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:39 pm

With the change of plans... for the Tampa crew... who is driving down? I am leaving form work early to bearly get tehre on time.
togashi_naiteiru
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

http://www.coreybeahon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:03 pm

I'll find Out tonight what my plans are for being home or not this weekend tonight.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  HidaDowling Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:01 pm

I am leaving work also (around 4pm) from St pete on roosevelt blvd. I work at Home shopping network.
HidaDowling
HidaDowling

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:06 pm

HidaDowling wrote:I am leaving work also (around 4pm) from St pete on roosevelt blvd. I work at Home shopping network.

If we go together we could probably pick you up, we do pass right by st pete if we take 275.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  HidaDowling Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Well I live in Lutz I just work in St pete, so I would rather not leave my car at the work place. If I was getting picked up at home it would be fine however i dont want to waste anyones time driving out of the way. Especially for a complete random who you havnt met before. I really appreciate the offer though. I am super stoked about this event, getting back in to L5R, I havnt been this excited since i discovered beer pong.
HidaDowling
HidaDowling

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:14 pm

HidaDowling wrote:Well I live in Lutz I just work in St pete, so I would rather not leave my car at the work place. If I was getting picked up at home it would be fine however i dont want to waste anyones time driving out of the way. Especially for a complete random who you havnt met before. I really appreciate the offer though. I am super stoked about this event, getting back in to L5R, I havnt been this excited since i discovered beer pong.

If you live in lutz, might be worth just meeting up with us at the shop... I live in lutz technically.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  HidaDowling Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:23 pm

Yeah I live on van dyke off of dale mabry.

I will see you at the shop then sir. Then maybe for future events we could go in one car.
HidaDowling
HidaDowling

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:28 am

HidaDowling wrote:Yeah I live on van dyke off of dale mabry.

I will see you at the shop then sir. Then maybe for future events we could go in one car.

See you there.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Umiushi Jaredo Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:56 am

Can't wait to see you guys tonight! Drive safe!
Umiushi Jaredo
Umiushi Jaredo
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next