EoW Unicorn Preveiws!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EoW Unicorn Preveiws!

Post  togashi_naiteiru on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:19 pm

http://www.unicornclan.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=19&sid=76e2c0d3ee3e2160c20ed29497c0e50b

The Ki-Rin's Path is good for what it does. I just don't understand why the Unicorn took Cav away only to give it back. It seems... very redundant and flip flopish.

Shinjo Sarang is the best personality previewed thus far for the Unicorn in my opinion. His battle ability is solid and is showing that item transfer is going to be huge this go around.

Two Fronts reminds me of Two Front War, which did something simular but collapsed two provinces, into one. I like the idea behind it though. Go design team for innovation and head aches to come from trying to out think this nightmare. Hehe.


Last edited by togashi_naiteiru on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________
Finding Enlightenment at the edge of a blade.

avatar
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

Posts : 643
Location : Tampa, FL

View user profile http://www.coreybeahon.com

Back to top Go down

Re: EoW Unicorn Preveiws!

Post  Moto Damasko on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Ki-rin is a generic stronghold, love the art, but it has low potential impact. Probably will see a stupid superfriends deck played out of it.

The two front thing is bad...

Sarang is a solid commander for moving followers, if only followers weren't all goddamn bad.
avatar
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Posts : 1242

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: EoW Unicorn Preveiws!

Post  togashi_naiteiru on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:09 pm

Moto Damasko wrote:Ki-rin is a generic stronghold, love the art, but it has low potential impact. Probably will see a stupid superfriends deck played out of it.

The two front thing is bad...

Sarang is a solid commander for moving followers, if only followers weren't all goddamn bad.

I have seen two so far. The first one was eh... as I cannot recall what it was. But Flanking Unit is awesome! You move either a meddlesome foe home, or else you move yourself to a safer province if your opponent defended.

_____________________________
Finding Enlightenment at the edge of a blade.

avatar
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

Posts : 643
Location : Tampa, FL

View user profile http://www.coreybeahon.com

Back to top Go down

Re: EoW Unicorn Preveiws!

Post  Moto Damasko on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:53 pm

togashi_naiteiru wrote:
Moto Damasko wrote:Ki-rin is a generic stronghold, love the art, but it has low potential impact. Probably will see a stupid superfriends deck played out of it.

The two front thing is bad...

Sarang is a solid commander for moving followers, if only followers weren't all goddamn bad.

I have seen two so far. The first one was eh... as I cannot recall what it was. But Flanking Unit is awesome! You move either a meddlesome foe home, or else you move yourself to a safer province if your opponent defended.

The problem is that followers are in general subpar for their gold cost. In an environment chock full of ranged 4's, 7 gold is expensive for 4 force even if the ability and protection is solid. Especially when you compare it to similar weapons.
avatar
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Posts : 1242

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: EoW Unicorn Preveiws!

Post  Gosh on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:57 pm

You're thinking of Broad Fronts, Corey, which was busted as hell. This new one is weaksauce. Same with the new SH; with Junpei and the new guy being able to use their abilities from home free card draw off Khan's Estate is just plain better imo.
avatar
Gosh
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 272
Location : Anthem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: EoW Unicorn Preveiws!

Post  Moto Damasko on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Gosh wrote:You're thinking of Broad Fronts, Corey, which was busted as hell. This new one is weaksauce. Same with the new SH; with Junpei and the new guy being able to use their abilities from home free card draw off Khan's Estate is just plain better imo.

According to the rules that Sleep pointed out... Junpei is fucking terrible. According to the art previews DT basically took something useful (a destruction negation) and warped it into something useless (an ability you can only use from home if you have a second tactician...)

Expect an errata or me using this card for my sodas, either way I'm not particularly happy with junpei xp, but at least if they fix his ability he will be playable.
avatar
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Posts : 1242

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: EoW Unicorn Preveiws!

Post  Gosh on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:17 pm

I meant non-xp Junpei along with the new guy, Moto Isul. Melee 4 just doesn't impress me for a Unique.
avatar
Gosh
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 272
Location : Anthem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: EoW Unicorn Preveiws!

Post  Moto Damasko on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:50 pm

Gosh wrote:I meant non-xp Junpei along with the new guy, Moto Isul. Melee 4 just doesn't impress me for a Unique.

Funny enough he used to actually be good if you read what the "art preview showed".

I love how they give a similar ability to kobi but unicorn can't have the same, so it got changed into an ability that doesn't even work :/

Moto Isul is awesome... I agree.
avatar
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Posts : 1242

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: EoW Unicorn Preveiws!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum