The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EoW Lion Preveiws!

+3
Sleep
Daigotsu Thrakhath
togashi_naiteiru
7 posters

Go down

EoW Lion Preveiws! Empty EoW Lion Preveiws!

Post  togashi_naiteiru Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:09 am

http://www.thelionclan.com/

So, their new Strong Hold is ok, when compared to the others. It requires you to have Terrains to keep is running, and it sucks when you don't draw into it. I mean, yes, I see what they are trying to do, but a deck of mostly Terrains I do not think would do well... other then aspire Timmy to go crazy by having like four in play at once.

Best Personality to me, is a tie between Ikoma Shika and Akodo Uehara. One does rather awesome range attacks and possible card draw, which to me is always an awesome trait. Meanwhile it seems like Wotan may have been breeding with a few Clans based on the fate manipulation so many Clans are showing off, Uehara has that going on for him nicely!

Sleep how do you feel about Kitsu Miro? Having her there would complicate your sending only Spirits?

Action-wise, I wasn't too jazzed by anything to be honest. Maybe the Tick Marsh because its action was imitate. But the rest seemed like I recall many other cards doing what they did. Maybe because they are Spirit and Paragon based actions so it means you can do it doubly so, it should appeal to the Lion?

All in all, looks like a bunch of support. And we continue to get some blank personality support, but fortunately, these ones either have awesome traits or awesome Force/Chi to gold ratio.
togashi_naiteiru
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

http://www.coreybeahon.com

Back to top Go down

EoW Lion Preveiws! Empty Re: EoW Lion Preveiws!

Post  Daigotsu Thrakhath Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:58 am

The cards with "Lion Clan" printed on them I couldn't care less about, but I really like that tactician action. One day when I'm not focused so hard on Spider I'm gonna build Unicorn decks, and I think that card will slot into a tactician deck nicely.
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Ambassador of the Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:55 pm

The Shugenja is good, probably goes in over Sorano. But I'd have to playtest it... sorano is golden at her 3g cost.

The SPELL though is GREAT. That would go in immediately over my sundering strikes.

In regards to the rest of the cards... I'm unimpressed with the tactician and the paragon. But I AM excited as hell for the scouts. That new scout is bonkers, and the new scout stronghold is also very good (card draw on a stronghold is ALWAYS good, and being able to have 2 heart of darkness out at the same battlefield, bow out 4 different personalities before resolution AND draw a card is going to win games) and then when you factor in that lion scouts get that 3g scout from the kotei pack that lets you toolbox for terrains, I think the deck is going to be very fun. Probably not tier 1 simply because having too many terrains in hand will sometimes lose you the game... but I still think it will be strong overall.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Akodo Arasou Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:06 pm

The Shugenja is great in my opinion. Being able to use her ability from home in addition to whatever defense you have lined up is pretty spiffy. They have a choice of either ignoring the Ancestor, Killing which provides honor, bowing which leaves presence, or send home which is what Intervening Spirit is for.

The spell works perfectly with a number of our shugenja who stay at home. It's a little vulnerable to Gold and Steel with everyone running it to deal with Crab Scouts but it is free so it doesn't mess with the gold scheme.

The Tactician is great for another support role but doesn't help the Tactician deck get any better. Perhaps when Tacticians can get some kind of combo going or have better fate cards to search for.

The Paragon is in a good gold spot and provides 4 force with a keyword. However he is another blank personality and I would much rather have seen him get less force/chi to have an ability of some kind. Comparing him to the new Spider Paragon makes me want to seppuku.

The Scouts are great...both of them are just full of awesome. I am not sure if it is going to be enough to push Lion Scouts to tier 1 but it's a good start.

Akodo Arasou
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Gosh Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:20 pm

I'm really fond of the Paragon action to Open kill an attachment.
Gosh
Gosh
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  togashi_naiteiru Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:24 pm

Gosh wrote:I'm really fond of the Paragon action to Open kill an attachment.

I am not so fond of that. It's.... Ummm unbalanced! Or something.... Samurai
togashi_naiteiru
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

http://www.coreybeahon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Gosh wrote:I'm really fond of the Paragon action to Open kill an attachment.

I'm sooo gonna kill me some singh remnants with my 1 and 2 PH Paragons!
Pruto
Pruto

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:02 pm

btw, I really like this guy, his HR really sucks though, great battle action, but 10g seems a little steep for 4 force, auto include in switch decks, not sure about tactagons.
EoW Lion Preveiws! Showimage?prefix=printing&cardid=3607&nestid=1&class=details&tagid=34&
Pruto
Pruto

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:27 am

Yeah man, these lion, they have it rough, a solid paragon for a solid paragon deck.

Solid scouts with solid battle actions and a solid upgrade if a bit generic box. I hear stacking terrains and drawing cards while doing it, while toolboxing for the terrain you want are all good?
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum