The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shadow's Embrace

4 posters

Go down

The Shadow's Embrace Empty The Shadow's Embrace

Post  Tsuruchi Saito Fri May 25, 2012 4:05 am

http://www.l5r.com/2012/05/24/the-shadows-embrace-a-factory-set-for-l5r/

Well this is interesting.
Tsuruchi Saito
Tsuruchi Saito
Hero of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

The Shadow's Embrace Empty Re: The Shadow's Embrace

Post  Shoju Fri May 25, 2012 8:12 am

Man this makes me happy.

Wish it was like this forever and ever.

Shoju
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsuruchi Saito Fri May 25, 2012 1:29 pm

I know what you mean, I like the idea that I can get a playset of everything I would use for *about* a booster box worth of money. It does put Embers of War on the back burner for me, though.
Tsuruchi Saito
Tsuruchi Saito

Back to top Go down

Post  Umiushi Jaredo Mon May 28, 2012 7:01 pm

It is certainly convenient for many people, but also more difficult for casual players or playgroups that share a pool. It's hard enough trying to convince new players that they need to drop $100 on Forgotten Legacy. I'm really trying to stay excited about Emperor Edition, but if they release another direct set during this arc, I think I may just drop out until the next edition rolls out.
Umiushi Jaredo
Umiushi Jaredo
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Mon May 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Umiushi Jaredo wrote:It is certainly convenient for many people, but also more difficult for casual players or playgroups that share a pool. It's hard enough trying to convince new players that they need to drop $100 on Forgotten Legacy. I'm really trying to stay excited about Emperor Edition, but if they release another direct set during this arc, I think I may just drop out until the next edition rolls out.

spend 200 and get a playset of the whole set? How is that not good for people who share a pool? And if you have multiple clans represented, you can pay significantly less to get duplicates of JUST those clan cards. This is so much more inexpensive than buying whole booster boxes.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Umiushi Jaredo Mon May 28, 2012 8:04 pm

The only main concern are cards that find play in multiple decks being used by multiple players, but yes the Clan specific things generally work out. Unless, of course, you have multiple players playing the same Clan. I understand you could buy singles of extras that you need, and that is certainly a solution for my main concern. For a lot of people, however, it's a very intimidating expenditure. $4.00 here and there on a game is one thing, $200 at once is quite another.
Umiushi Jaredo
Umiushi Jaredo
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Shoju Tue May 29, 2012 8:58 am

I can see both sides, for me it becomes an issue of the l5r singles market being patently awful. I can get priced out of playing the game by $20-30 singles. Not a box of everything for $200. My main concern is that box art is shit, and most ofmthe art I've been seen this art is complete crap too. I didn't get priced out of playing Kitsu shugenja... I got arted out of it.

Shoju
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down