The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scorpion Previews

3 posters

Go down

Scorpion Previews Empty Scorpion Previews

Post  Gosh Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:21 pm

Sooo Magistrates just became a house. With 2 more Strategies and a boxable who dishonors on entering play there will be no more staring at dead cards in hand because you couldn't dishonor someone fast enough, and both those strats make you lose honor (One causes 5 out of LoDD). I like the new Ninja and we get Keirei xp, which is hot. The new Ninja follower once again makes me sad in the pants, though Mad
Gosh
Gosh
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Scorpion Previews Empty Re: Scorpion Previews

Post  Sleep Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Gosh wrote:Sooo Magistrates just became a house. With 2 more Strategies and a boxable who dishonors on entering play there will be no more staring at dead cards in hand because you couldn't dishonor someone fast enough, and both those strats make you lose honor (One causes 5 out of LoDD). I like the new Ninja and we get Keirei xp, which is hot. The new Ninja follower once again makes me sad in the pants, though Mad

IMHO military Magistrate actions are secretly the best in the game. Everyone busts a nut over paragon actions, but really, outside of Cast Aside the Weak and a Perfect Moment, they fall off pretty hard. Magistrate has a series of 3 send home's that are BRUTAL, on top of getting to dip into dishonor shenanigans. Add to that they get a 2nd clan holding (magistrate stipend) and automatic help against honor (meaning you can run 0 honor meta but still wreck them) freeing up more space for anti military/dishonor meta.

The only thing holding back the magistrate themes were: Crane - Stronghold (6ps just doesn't cut it for a military deck, and the duel requiring to be during battle is such fucking garbage when you look at dragon). Dragon - Their magistrates aren't military friendly (it is clear that it's an honor/dishonor theme). Scorpion - Personality base (which has improved dramatically since EE release, as Gosh pointed out above. Best magistrate SH btw). Mantis - Their Magistrate box is better when it just runs the best personalities possible (that being said, Mantis Mags also got a LOT of support this set... I really see both mantis and scorpion magistrates making a big jump towards top tier in this environment. In particular, the Laws Strength is going to be shitting on people's Snow has Teeth for the rest of the arc.)
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Gosh Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:47 pm

The biggest problem Scorp Mags had was consistently dishonoring personalities without running a third to half of your deck as Courtiers... making it not really a "Magistrate" deck at that point. That won't be a problem any more and it makes my no-no spot tingly.
Gosh
Gosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Shoju Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:41 pm

I love these guys, the boxable is truly awesome design for magistrates, and the rest are all solid. I was hoping with what Mantis had gotten, Scorpion was going to get some amazing battle-Tempo-gain cards too, but I guess not.

Hopefully Spider will be good!

Shoju
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down