The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Previews ahoy!!

5 posters

Go down

Dragon Previews ahoy!! Empty Dragon Previews ahoy!!

Post  Tsuruchi Saito Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:40 am

Here's the link: http://thedragonclan.net/index.php?board=2.0

More Mario Wisibono art and apparently every clan is gettin some form of non-human personality this set.
Tsuruchi Saito
Tsuruchi Saito
Hero of the Forgotten Bay
Hero of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Dragon Previews ahoy!! Empty Re: Dragon Previews ahoy!!

Post  togashi_naiteiru Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:21 am

I loved the action support we got, even if the key word trigger off of Burning Furry makes me boggle. But we have an Earth Spell that kills (something we needed offensively in that deck for a while now), Kitsuki Method is the love child of Favors and Sincerity of the Dragon (and when comboed with either can be rather amazing and devastating), and... I am liking the idea of Forge your Soul, but I suspect the fact that is it not Open/Battle may cause it to be a 2 of if at all.

Personality wise, it was very hit or miss, and I felt more miss then hit this go around.

The Good! What I was looking for was more Tamori set up, and we got it in the form of a nice Golem! He is awesome, and also fits well into the Kitsuki deck. We got Korimi XP, she is simply amazing (and not just because she is a naked chick), and our new Kitsuki is another ability shut down that Gosh will whine and moan over for weeks and months to come! (But it hints that the unicorn and dragon are going to become tenser if not out right going to war). The rest of the personalities are very... off of what I was looking for.

The Bad! The new Kensai is inetresting, straighten or bowing... but it doesn't effect units and he is semi redundant with two other personalities who are far more effective (its ok though, my Kensai are doing fine with a lack of new progress this time around). Mirumoto Rokai just lacks much of a trigger. Yes a killing action is terrible, but in the game of redirection, death is often the worst thing being tossed around these days, and that makes him very limited in decks that are competing for spots heavily. Togashi Kasuru is the prime example of why our monks just aren't doing well. He is trying to straddle the gap of Military and Enlightenment, but too drawn in either direction to help out. For military, to use his ability he is too expensive (you have to unbow him or cycle cards... or loose cards to make him threatening). For enlightenment, he has Void, but he lacks any threat to him to help you achieve its many and varied requirements. But I shall play test him some.

Anyhow, thats my break down! I think we got some good potential, but we also picked up more filler. Which is a shame considering how good evenyone's previews have been with strong personalities and actions back to back.
togashi_naiteiru
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

http://www.coreybeahon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shoju Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:20 pm

My spider Kensai are excited about the new kensai actionthat thins your deck. I thought Kitsuki Method and the new Kitsuki guy were good, the rest seems pretty garbage to me.

Shoju
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Gosh Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:37 pm

I love the quote on Kitsuki Methods, and Waru brooding in the background.
Gosh
Gosh
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:25 am

pillow books for everybody!
Pruto
Pruto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum