FT promos lol crab, lol

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Pruto on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:22 pm

http://www.l5r.com/2012/06/21/forgotten-legacy-celebration/

crab one is stupid, like they need more "fair and balanced" cards

unicorn one is pretty damn amazing too, especially for free

phoenix one is very interesting, janky celestial business!

imo Lion got the shaft, only good for speed rush, =/
avatar
Pruto
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 395
Location : The Zoo (seriously I live by the zoo)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Shoju on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:46 pm

For 6 gold no less. Yeah the crab one looks like serious business.

I am actually the most excited about the Spider one. Anyone else remember how good Tsimaru Xp was?Shadow's Lair just got more frustrating to play against. Also, not a weapon is pretty nice as well.

Loving the Scorpion one too. I think the Harry Pottercloak and I are gonna be best friends all arc.

The Phoenix one is gonna make their enlightenment deck a lot better too methinks. Jurojin's to use the same card up to three times? For zero gold? Sure. Very Happy

Shoju
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Posts : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Tsuruchi Saito on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:05 pm

The Crab armor is certainly nice. The Crane looks nice too.

I wonder, do you have to pay the gold cost for the Mantis yumi if you use it from your hand?
avatar
Tsuruchi Saito
Hero of the Forgotten Bay
Hero of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Moto Damasko on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:09 am

Unicorn's okay, would of rather have something that directly affects our win-condition, but I suppose card draw and favor support is coo... and its free, oh wait gold and steel the shit out of me I guess.
avatar
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Posts : 1242

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Pruto on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:23 am

Moto Damasko wrote:Unicorn's okay, would of rather have something that directly affects our win-condition, but I suppose card draw and favor support is coo... and its free, oh wait gold and steel the shit out of me I guess.

it replaces itself on the first turn (39 card deck!), most honor decks won't ever get the favor against you, bowless lobby, so if you're military that don't like to waste a body bowing for favor... well there you go.

the only possible down side are if you draw it in battle or if your opponent G&S as the first action after you put it on.
avatar
Pruto
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 395
Location : The Zoo (seriously I live by the zoo)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Moto Damasko on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:32 am

Pruto wrote:
Moto Damasko wrote:Unicorn's okay, would of rather have something that directly affects our win-condition, but I suppose card draw and favor support is coo... and its free, oh wait gold and steel the shit out of me I guess.

it replaces itself on the first turn (39 card deck!), most honor decks won't ever get the favor against you, bowless lobby, so if you're military that don't like to waste a body bowing for favor... well there you go.

the only possible down side are if you draw it in battle or if your opponent G&S as the first action after you put it on.

Courtier decks don't bow for the favor, they just take it. Most of which will dishonor the personality wielding said cloak. But yes I suppose favor control is coo for a free card. Don't get me wrong... this card isn't bad, but it isn't game-breaking like say the crab armor. Because it ain't broke, it ain't that impressive.
avatar
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Posts : 1242

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Daigotsu Thrakhath on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:40 am

I like that Naleesh is a naga. xD
avatar
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Ambassador of the Unicorn

Posts : 166
Location : Gainesville, FL.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  HidaDowling on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:45 pm

as is Fubatsu,

I literally just signed up to the assembly for this.

My Dark Naga deck just got betterz Smile
avatar
HidaDowling
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 348
Location : Tampa, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Pruto on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:39 pm

HidaDowling wrote:as is Fubatsu,

I literally just signed up to the assembly for this.

My Dark Naga deck just got betterz Smile

IA membership is the best deal in l5r imo. $30 a year for ~4 promo packs, most packs will net you back $30 worth of singles by themselves. not to mention koku order access
avatar
Pruto
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 395
Location : The Zoo (seriously I live by the zoo)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  HidaDowling on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:49 pm

yeah exactly.

I do wish that more naga personality's were available though.

I am seriously considering Gencon with a Dark naga/nonhuman deck.
avatar
HidaDowling
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 348
Location : Tampa, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Sleep on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:19 pm

HidaDowling wrote:yeah exactly.

I do wish that more naga personality's were available though.

I am seriously considering Gencon with a Dark naga/nonhuman deck.

Way way back in the day they used to be one of the actual factions (with their own stronghold and all that jazz). I was a big fan of them (they fit with the crab in many ways thematically... very anti-taint/corruption).

_____________________________
~~Sleep~~
Phoenix Clan * Samurai

Used to blog L5R, now I run the community board for Tampa L5R, The Forgotten Bay.
Top Lion Atlanta Kotei 2012, Top 16, 10th Overall.
avatar
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Posts : 904
Location : Tampa, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Shoju on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:43 pm

There's no reason you couldn't run them out of Kyuden Hida xp right? Or Kalani's Landing, if I'm really thinking about it I suppose... Hmm I need to go look at my cards.

Oh, and her you go Jason, theme!

Yakamooooooo!

http://imperialassembly.com/oracle/#cardid=8234,#hashid=79b536a04a89c0e0434f1770e4a161be,#cardcount=0

Shoju
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Posts : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  HidaDowling on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:31 pm

You know what this strong hold seems familiar. I belive I i played this deck in a tourney years and years ago. like the first year i started. It had Yakamo in it and his border was crab blue and naga green.

Crab/naga return sounds like a good idea out of KH exp. hmmm the wheels are turning.
avatar
HidaDowling
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 348
Location : Tampa, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  HidaDowling on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:32 pm

yeah this version

http://imperialassembly.com/oracle/#cardid=3236,#hashid=d434d02e433f86d2648320dec657ec6b,#cardcount=1

It was just a force pump deck. I was 14 years old lol and i had no sense of stratagy or what the f#%$ i was doing lol
avatar
HidaDowling
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 348
Location : Tampa, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Shoju on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:03 pm

Very Happy
Those are my favorite memories of the game.

The more I look at these, the more amazing they all seem. The mantis and dragon ones pale in comparison, but they are still perfectly playable. The Phoenix one seems kinda jank/busted actually. I can't believe it is 0 gold.

And James, discarding the Mantis one plays the action for free.

Shoju
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Posts : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Tsuruchi Saito on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Shoju wrote: Very Happy
Those are my favorite memories of the game.

The more I look at these, the more amazing they all seem. The mantis and dragon ones pale in comparison, but they are still perfectly playable. The Phoenix one seems kinda jank/busted actually. I can't believe it is 0 gold.

And James, discarding the Mantis one plays the action for free.

Oh sweet. It's not as crazy as some of the others, but it likely has a place in the scout deck, even if it is to just replace a Siege Volley or Daikyu. Im not sure the Phoenix one is busted since Gold and Steel were already in a lot of decks to deal with Kyuden Hida.
avatar
Tsuruchi Saito
Hero of the Forgotten Bay
Hero of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Moto Damasko on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:20 pm

HidaDowling wrote:

It was just a force pump deck. I was 14 years old lol and i had no sense of stratagy or what the f#%$ i was doing lol

You have that now? Man I don't know what I've been teaching you but I mostly just flail about and throw cards at my opponent.
avatar
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Posts : 1242

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  HidaDowling on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:51 pm

Moto Damasko wrote:
HidaDowling wrote:

It was just a force pump deck. I was 14 years old lol and i had no sense of stratagy or what the f#%$ i was doing lol

You have that now? Man I don't know what I've been teaching you but I mostly just flail about and throw cards at my opponent.

Lol yeah but somehow your cards always seem to be the right ones thrown.

And yes I play alot better than I did, thanks to you guys.
avatar
HidaDowling
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 348
Location : Tampa, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Moto Damasko on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:32 pm

HidaDowling wrote:
Moto Damasko wrote:
HidaDowling wrote:

It was just a force pump deck. I was 14 years old lol and i had no sense of stratagy or what the f#%$ i was doing lol

You have that now? Man I don't know what I've been teaching you but I mostly just flail about and throw cards at my opponent.

Lol yeah but somehow your cards always seem to be the right ones thrown.

And yes I play alot better than I did, thanks to you guys.

We try, although we have to break you of your habit of throwing in random cards versus fluffy bad ones. I would prefer if you threw in fluffy bad ones as opposed to stuff out of left field. You should throw dazzling attire into your berserker deck, then at least its funny, in a useful sorta way. 1 though, no more.
avatar
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Posts : 1242

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  HidaDowling on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:38 pm

lol I had thought of that. Im also thinking of putting Well Protected in to make the gift armors even more useful.
avatar
HidaDowling
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 348
Location : Tampa, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Moto Damasko on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:48 pm

HidaDowling wrote:lol I had thought of that. Im also thinking of putting Well Protected in to make the gift armors even more useful.

I guess, but remember, gift armor makes your berserkers night unkillable already... The issue isn't that your berserkers are gonna die, the issue is that you can't keep them in battle long enough or they don't contribute at the end. Against you I don't want to fight battles with my particular deck, I just want to out-maneuver you and take your provinces. What's the point of having your spirit of the zerker card if you don't win your battle with it and take the province (And preferably the personality also).

While I'm not expecting much I'm gonna slot 1 dazzling in myself just for grins to see what it does for me against corey's control deck. I don't really know if its worth the slot, but some seem to think so.
avatar
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Posts : 1242

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Sleep on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:20 pm

I think Dazzling Attire is a really good card that is flying under the radar for a lot of decks. I don't think it belongs in every deck, but if your deck has any issues vs control decks (in particular ones that are going to reliably use the favor on you) then it's golden. In addition, I think it's particularly good in decks with personalities that have high base force (since RA's are already under control). Remember, most of the great actions this arc say "card w/out attachments" and dazzling attire is going to eat an action a large percentage of the time. And it's free!

The well prepared/gift armor combo is stellar, especially out of crab who can easily run fubatsu, kaiu smithy, and another 3x armor (there have been a few decent ones in the last few sets). I just don't think it fits in zerkers for the reason that patrick states. You don't want to run conditional death negation in a deck that already runs a large number of death negation(delay). Especially since your zerk with the gift armor is going to be the first one sent home anyways. I'd worry more about keeping your fatties in the battle and upright (or contributing while sideways).

_____________________________
~~Sleep~~
Phoenix Clan * Samurai

Used to blog L5R, now I run the community board for Tampa L5R, The Forgotten Bay.
Top Lion Atlanta Kotei 2012, Top 16, 10th Overall.
avatar
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Posts : 904
Location : Tampa, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Moto Damasko on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:00 am

Sleep wrote:I think Dazzling Attire is a really good card that is flying under the radar for a lot of decks. I don't think it belongs in every deck, but if your deck has any issues vs control decks (in particular ones that are going to reliably use the favor on you) then it's golden. In addition, I think it's particularly good in decks with personalities that have high base force (since RA's are already under control). Remember, most of the great actions this arc say "card w/out attachments" and dazzling attire is going to eat an action a large percentage of the time. And it's free!

The well prepared/gift armor combo is stellar, especially out of crab who can easily run fubatsu, kaiu smithy, and another 3x armor (there have been a few decent ones in the last few sets). I just don't think it fits in zerkers for the reason that patrick states. You don't want to run conditional death negation in a deck that already runs a large number of death negation(delay). Especially since your zerk with the gift armor is going to be the first one sent home anyways. I'd worry more about keeping your fatties in the battle and upright (or contributing while sideways).

And I agree, the other problem with dazzling attire is the slot it fills, it has to fill a true "honor meta" slot... now when you have your honor meta tied to say, your movement (rumors travel for instance) this becomes harder :/ and at what point does it begin to hurt your deck by including it, that's part of my problem with the new free armor, I suspect at some point like Rekai's yumi it'll go the way of the dodo bird, especially this early in the arc with the power curve rapidly rising.

And they will target your personality... they will target him hard when you start taking their favor.
avatar
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Posts : 1242

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Shoju on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:14 pm

The honor meta is just 1/2 of the equation. When you are playing in an environment with Imperial Gift, combined with Border Keep, you will be able grab it in a little under 3/4 of your games. Being able to reliably cycle fatehand for a FREE card is nuts alone. The honor-meta part of the equation is bonus awesomeness that completely puts it over the top. That it removes the favor is decent, that it stops Accidental Confession is amazing.

Saying that gold and steel stuffs it is silly. Removing that card from their hand alone to narrow the options your opponent has is probably worth it in most instances. I know I would happily make that trade.

This goes doubly for the Unicorn Naga item Pat, you are seriously complaining about a card that gives you free cards, and is reliably a near free investment in most games you see it. Giving someone the choice of "you either gold and steel this now, or I replace it." is good enough, when you add in the other part where you are drawing a free card every turn unless they gold and steel it...

Yes, it doesn't work late game against the honor runner. That's the only downside there is. The only case I could see not running dazzling or naga item if unicorn, is if your fate deck is filled with enough attachments that adding an extra one would diminish your ability to reliably draw enough relevant cards.

Not trying to argue. (though it is an argument) Very Happy

Shoju
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Posts : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Moto Damasko on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:43 pm

Shoju wrote:The honor meta is just 1/2 of the equation. When you are playing in an environment with Imperial Gift, combined with Border Keep, you will be able grab it in a little under 3/4 of your games. Being able to reliably cycle fatehand for a FREE card is nuts alone. The honor-meta part of the equation is bonus awesomeness that completely puts it over the top. That it removes the favor is decent, that it stops Accidental Confession is amazing.

Saying that gold and steel stuffs it is silly. Removing that card from their hand alone to narrow the options your opponent has is probably worth it in most instances. I know I would happily make that trade.

This goes doubly for the Unicorn Naga item Pat, you are seriously complaining about a card that gives you free cards, and is reliably a near free investment in most games you see it. Giving someone the choice of "you either gold and steel this now, or I replace it." is good enough, when you add in the other part where you are drawing a free card every turn unless they gold and steel it...

Yes, it doesn't work late game against the honor runner. That's the only downside there is. The only case I could see not running dazzling or naga item if unicorn, is if your fate deck is filled with enough attachments that adding an extra one would diminish your ability to reliably draw enough relevant cards.

Not trying to argue. (though it is an argument) Very Happy

I'm NOT COMPLAINING... I am saying that you have a standard 40 card deck, you can only stuff so many things in before you start losing the cards that your deck needs to run. Most of your decks should be at that point before dazzling and my new attire, which as you stated is my point. Both cards are not "BACK BREAKING" they aren't chags armor... they aren't a champion of thunder, they don't ABSOLUTELY DESTROY a matchup... and eventually your deck will get there.

The mantle is a good card, it still fights for the slot like every other card in my deck. Now the crab armor... if you are crab (besides yasuki, they are just dirty ex-crane), should be played in every deck.
avatar
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Posts : 1242

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FT promos lol crab, lol

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum