The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My First Time Qualifying....

3 posters

Go down

My First Time Qualifying....  Empty My First Time Qualifying....

Post  togashi_naiteiru Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:15 am

So there I was, my first Kotie win. I was nervous as hell. I had a nice deck, slightly outside of the box, and I sat down to play my first game...

Kensia Control verse Tamori Honor - So I am sitting there, and I am thinking, ok I know this concept cannot work. I might have been ignoring it for the last few releases, because I couldn't get it to work. I was wrong. It works beautifully now. I know this because I could not take a single province. This happened mostly because I did not read a card correctly. He got to assign the order of battles due to a spell, and not me. And all my movement shenanigans meant nothing. It was a brutal and utter defeat. So... I thought ok I can still do this. I am still good.

Crane Dueling verse Kensia Control - This was a harsh meeting. I did some serious damage. I looked for my honor meta, and none appeared. None of my control appeared. So I was full Kensia, with only half of my Kensia cards. I will got him to one last strong place as he crossed. It was not enough. I look back and laugh, that had I been playing real Kensia I could had taken him. On well. One last chance. all I have to do is not loose....

Spider Ninja verse Kensia Control - Oh it was on. I have taken this before, and in fact with a few minor changes, its Jake's deck! I know it. So first battle, a nearly even exchange. We both lost a Cursed Relic, but I still had one. I then Ret-ed and ... I didn't bother reading a card. And that cost me the game. I spent too long trying to recapture my momentum as he applied the pressure. Moral of the story. Read cards.

The rest of the games were for fun. I faced, Kalanies Landing, Lion Honor, Unicorn Battle Maidens, and The By. I beat them all, but at that point it didn't matter. But I still had fun, got to play against decks that were put together well outside of our play group, saw some trains of thought I found insightful and interesting. If you do scrub out of winning, I highly suggest to keep on playing. You might see something that helps you win the next time.

Anyhow, there is next year, and I plan on qualifying again.

Corey
togashi_naiteiru
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

http://www.coreybeahon.com

Back to top Go down

My First Time Qualifying....  Empty Re: My First Time Qualifying....

Post  HidaDowling Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:01 pm

I had a great time corey can't wait till next year
HidaDowling
HidaDowling
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsuruchi Saito Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:14 am

Same here Smile I had a freakin blast.
Tsuruchi Saito
Tsuruchi Saito
Hero of the Forgotten Bay
Hero of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down