The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FotW Commanders

2 posters

Go down

FotW Commanders  Empty FotW Commanders

Post  Moto Damasko Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:10 pm

Pretty straight forward deck... Buy gold, buy dudes, equip stuff take a province. Plays tempo flipping and when it goes to battle has bodies with spud followers to get there. I enjoy the cheaper followers for their additional abilities (mounted support/hunters) and economy (5 gold cost = another holding bought).

1 The Field of the Winds

# Dynasty (40)

# Events (2)
1 The New Order
1 Crossing the Forbidden Sea

# Celestials (2)
1 Shinjo's Guidance
1 Daikoku's Guidance

# Holdings (14)
2 Barley Farm
3 Stables
3 The Blessed Herd
1 Traveling Peddler
1 Chugo Seido
2 Tsi Mokotsu
2 Oyo Seido

# Personalities (22)
3 Ide Kin
2 Shinjo Dong-Min
3 Shinjo Yamauchi
3 Shinjo Hwarang
1 Shinjo Hwarang - exp
2 Shinjo Ki-Chang
1 Shinjo Ki-Chang - exp
1 Moto Chen - exp3
1 Moto Jin-sahn - exp
1 Shinjo Kodama
1 Utaku Fujiko - exp
2 Moto Jeng-Yun
1 Moto Xiao

# Fate (40)

# Strategies (31)
2 Overwhelming Pressure
3 Overpowering Assault
3 Rout
2 Justly Earned Victory
3 Superior Mobility
1 The Thriving Light
3 Retribution
3 Sneak Attack
2 Determined Force
3 The Height of Courage
2 Hold!
2 Inexorable Defeat
2 Travel Swiftly

# Followers (9)
3 Cavalry Officer
3 Moto Hunters
3 Mounted Support
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Back to top Go down

FotW Commanders  Empty Re: FotW Commanders

Post  Moto Damasko Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:52 pm

Battle Report for the Sarasota Kotei in regards to this deck:
Since I'm writing it after the fact and I'm not amazing at remembering, I'll keep the report short and sweet based on the highlights.

Round 1: Rueben veiga playing Crab SPC (Miami)
Rueben was a nice fellow from the Miami play group playing the only crab deck at the tournament. We both start off slow, I get double gold then see nothing but gold on my second turn. He sees tatsuma, flushes, only sees a single gold, flushes. Then he buys the single gold instead of the tatsuma for the second turn province. With both of us being off slow I utilize my gold advantage buying bodies and taking a province by attaching Moto hunters to a xiao and swinging. He equips a rising sun blade and swings, crunch. I equip a mounted support and swing for two with my 3 bodies. He equips a second sunblade and swings for two, I defend. No sneak I rout him home. He takes his second province (no ret). He straightens for the final defense, I swing in killing most of his personalities but he falls back and I bounce. I straighten with do not turn, send him home. Swing back and sneak into a rout. He comes back I overpowering assault to kill his Todori. His slow start hurt him alot and my box sent his personalities home a lot.

Short-hand notes: Tacama todori rising sunblades overpowering box sendhome do not turn your back.
MVP: Him not sweeping for gold
1-0

Round 2: Antonio playing Phoenix Shrine of Champions
Another of the Miami crew, nice guy. Sorry that I forgot your last name Antonio. He was playing a weird form of SoC that was dishonor based, this guy will have his box next set and I do not relish playing this lovely deck with it. To put it basically, I got gold screwed partially, buying a guy first turn (xiao) but I see daikoku's pop up. He buys kokiden prepping for dishonor. I flip and see chen and 3 more guys (not enough gold to buy him). I buy a mounted support, he controls my guy with 3 cards from his hand making me lose 4 honor. I don't swing this turn, I pop the guidance for more gold and buy a jeng-yun. Next turn he uses his control personalities to hold my guys down, I jeng-yun his unbowing temple monk into the battle, he sends jeng-yun home, I inexorable xiao in, draw a card and crunch, first province. His next turn he dishonors xiao with the imperial yojimbo dude, I pass, he equips whispers, I bow it with thriving. On my turn I pop my kitsune den to rehonor xiao and gain a single point of honor (woo), finally seeing gold after 2 flips of 3 personalities (not discarding chen). I buy gold. His turn he touch of deaths jeng-yun and controls down xiao. I buy chen. His turn he dishonors xiao with arranged build I seppuku him, he can't touch chen. Chen goes for the final 3 provinces solo after equipping a moto hunters.
Short-hand notes: Dishonor kokiden whispers jengyun Moto hunters height arranged guilt Chen determined force Seppuku
MVP: Chen saved my bacon
2-0

Round 3: Thomos Hennessey playing LSC
Nice guy, same LSC with changes that I lost too in Atlanta. My opening hand See's two retributions... awesome. Basic start, didn't end up with gold issues, I buy dudes, he duels them I mitigate. New order pops somewhere in here. I take a province unopposed using a determined force to reset the province strength. He see's an early Shiki which really hurts and I don't have an overpowering assault in hand. He dishonors one of my personalities and uses light of justice to get back to the battle several times gaining some honor. I eventually take the province. He see's kei next and I know I can't swing, thus he just controls me down. Build build build, swing for all three, I assign wrong putting a single dishonored personality in one of my provinces, this would cost me the game. He is able to move in shiki at a province where I have 3 people twice with light of justice (he drew all 3) and I don't have enough force to take it.
One of the side-games for the even was the person with the most honor at the end of the game, failing to take the middle province (I needed to take 3), and he is sitting at 63 honor, we fight the battle, I let him win the battle he gains 14 more honor, and wins the side event.
Biggest Mistake: Assigning wrong
Short-hand notes: Kei cavalry magistrate awesome hand retribution 87 honor
2-1

Round 4: Bruce Bartley playing Crane Embassy
Buy gold, chen hits the table early. He uses doji's guidance I determined force. An early new order went off. Chen takes 2 provinces unopposed. I let him bow my guys on my turn with the artisan holding and I never dishonor with yosuga. I go to a battle opposed with a duelist, he kills chen, I overpowering his lone duelist with xiao with a spud. Straighten take the province. From here I build slowly, swing in, take the final province with some slight resistance.
MVP: Chen stomping political decks all day
Chen bodies noritoshi overpowering doji's guidance determined force more bodies build new order
3-1

Round 5: Jeffrey Williams playing DGC
Jeff is a local player, would go on to be top seed at the end of swiss. I've beaten him before, but not with how bad my gold was, need to remember to properly shuffle my deck after a game ./facepalm. So the start is 4 bodies, flush, 4 bodies, flush 3 bodies and a barley farm. Awesome... I buy a dude. Flush, next turn see's 3 more bodies and 1 gold... I equip mounted support, swing, height to get there. His start is utemaru, he buys out gold, equips a follower and swings. We trade provinces, I finally swing for two and fall back into defense mode after taking 1. He swings in, I bounce him though killing utemaru. At some point chen pop's up and I look at my hand realizing I can't buy chen and still take a province, and chen isn't trampling squat without a follower. I pitch chen and dong-min pop's up (great ./facepalm). At some point in here, his guidance pops up, he swings, gains a province and I just lose.
Gold fuck3d first turn dude? Lame defense Ret to win
3-2

Round 6: Kuintana Lazaro playing embassy
Nice guy, his counterpart was the player I beat early with the pheonix dishonor deck. I didn't even get off the ground, his starting had was 3 impromptu's and 2 imperials. He controls me down with a great start and utilizes the shugenja courtier that gains him an honor for a political action, he gained 6 honor off her. No new order means GG turn 5 on my turn when he taxing the scums me.
4 honor guys every turn political action reaction courtier +1 honor didn't even get to battle. Lost on turn 5.
3-3

Round 7: Enlightenment
Don't remember much about this game, and can't find the slip of paper with the person's name on it. Basically we each buy dudes, he manages to get air, fire, and void into play easily, using bokoku to control my advance. I build build build and take it slowly, He swings for a province, I move in and bounce him. More building, swing for two provinces, for the win. Interesting game, always hard to play against since you have to change your mind-set of his win condition.
4-3

Anyways short and sweet report, nothing extravagant. The poor gold starts and leading me to want to review my shuffling method between games so I don't run into this crap again, I believe full separation followed up by full pile shuffling and repeated shuffling in between should help with consistency since I always forget to not stack all my holdings and personalities together at the end of games.

Top Unicorn for the event out of three... Same score as last kotei. I'll try to do better in South Carolina.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:03 pm

I like this deck a lot. And of course, you know my feelings on it from our discussions. Grats on 4-3 man! Going 4-3 in your first two kotei's is pretty impressive IMHO. (lol, I didn't break .500 my entire first kotei season)
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:33 pm

I should have done better, I forgot to shuffle my deck a few times between games at both my kotei's I'm pretty sure my terribad draws were because of it.

Regardless I should have done better.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down