The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apartments

4 posters

Go down

Apartments Empty Apartments

Post  Daigotsu Thrakhath Wed May 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Just wondering where I should be looking for places to live down there? I'm finally moving down that way in July and i figured it wouldn't hurt to get a few more opinions on this!
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Ambassador of the Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Apartments Empty Re: Apartments

Post  Sleep Wed May 28, 2014 10:09 pm

Daigotsu Thrakhath wrote:Just wondering where I should be looking for places to live down there? I'm finally moving down that way in July and i figured it wouldn't hurt to get a few more opinions on this!
Dude, VERY awesome.  I can't wait to have you down here!

As far as apartments, it depends.  Tampa is weird... there's tons of areas where there are 500k houses on one side of the road, and shitholes on the other side of the road.  There are some areas where you can get something decent but it's way out of the way.  In general, Carrollwood isn't terrible.  Town and Country (or as Anthony lovingly calls it, Town 'n Compton) is a little lower scale, and a little cheaper too.  I'd avoid lutz and new tampa unless you got some money to spend, have good roommates, and don't mind driving for fucking ever to get anywhere.  The USF area is great... usually decent apartments at decent prices, but you have to deal with the fact that it's a giant University... people go apeshit all weekend long and drunk drivers galore because we are such a commuter based city.

Finding something close to one of the 3 interstates in the area will put you in a good spot, and you'll thank yourself later if you have to commute anywhere.  Temple Terrace again isn't bad... a little old and rundown, but the prices are right.  You have to go exactly the speed limit there though, they have a full-sized police station and full force for a metropolitan area that encompasses roughly 20 blocks.  There's a cop on every corner. 

I don't know what else to tell you.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Thu May 29, 2014 11:08 am

There are some good apartments on livingston and bruce b downs.  Further away from USF you go the better, just avoid anywhere near fowler/fletcher that isn't east of USF.   Let me know when you get here, I'd be happy to help you with any lifting of stuffs.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Back to top Go down

Post  Daigotsu Thrakhath Thu May 29, 2014 11:27 am

Sleep, that was actually really helpful and narrows down my search a lot! One of the complexes I was looking at that's within my price range is University Lake, do either of you know anything about that one?
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Daigotsu Thrakhath

Back to top Go down

Post  togashi_naiteiru Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:51 pm

If you can give us an address, we can look it up on google maps and then that should tell us most of what we need to know. I also have a number of LARPing friends who live in the area that I can talk to.
togashi_naiteiru
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

http://www.coreybeahon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Daigotsu Thrakhath Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:25 pm

Address for the place I'm looking at is 14200 Bruce B Downs Blvd. 
Tampa, Florida 33613
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Daigotsu Thrakhath

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum