The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Card organization...

2 posters

Go down

Card organization... Empty Card organization...

Post  togashi_naiteiru Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:14 am

I am off for the next three days. I am going to devote some time to organizing the cards. What is the groups thoughts on how the cards should be organized? Do we divide by sets? Do we just organized by card types (and then to lesser catagories)? Anyone have an opinion?
togashi_naiteiru
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

http://www.coreybeahon.com

Back to top Go down

Card organization... Empty Re: Card organization...

Post  Sleep Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:19 am

I know people don't like it... but I still think that sorting rares separately from commons/uncommons is a must.  And then, just sorting by type.  This whole sub-sorting by expansion is just a waste of time IMHO.  It leads to there being more "piles" within the boxes, and it becomes much easier for them to get messed up.

I much prefer a system where I can go "I need a common Event" and know exactly where that card will be.  Granted, the "event" section will be larger than it would have been for each individual set, but because I know that there is only one place events belong, I can just grab that whole section and pull it out and rifle through it.  Once I'm done, I can put the whole section back.  No more needing to worry about what section of which set is where, etc. 

I think dividing up into sub categories by expansion is the better way in a perfect world.  But it just isn't realistic when you have a shared cardpool and situations where multiple people are looking through cards, and no easy to manage indexing system to keep the expansions "where they belong".
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down