The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toku Jimi - in the footsteps of a legend

Go down

Toku Jimi - in the footsteps of a legend Empty Toku Jimi - in the footsteps of a legend

Post  Pruto Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:59 pm

1: What clan does your character belong to:
Monkey

2: What family does your character belong to:

Toku

3: What is your character:

Bushi

4: How would others describe your characters appearance?:

Jimi is a young, lanky and unassuming looking fellow in his late teens. He moves about awkwardly almost as if he just finished his growth spurt and isn’t completely in tune with his body. He is impressionable and easily excited.
5: What is your character's primary motivation?:

Jimi worships Toku and wants to become an Imperial Magistrate and dreams of achieving the mantle of Captain of the Imperial guard like his idol.

6: Who is the person your character trusts most in the world?:

Everybody.

7: What is your character's greatest strength and weakness?:

Jimi lived a sheltered life up to this point, his greatest weakness is his naiveté. He is idealistic, black and white, and always sees the good in every person and situation. On the other hand this idealism is also his greatest strength. He is a true believer that truth and good will always prevail. As an instrument for the greater good Jimi lives and fights without fear of death or failure. Family, friends, and most strangers laugh at Jimi for acting like somewhat of a simpleton; However Jimi is bright and perceptive with an almost instinctive knack for investigation...

8: What does your character think of Bushido?:

There is no other way

9: What is your character's opinion of his clan?:

The Monkey Clan is the embodiment of the human spirit. Its existence proves that it is the action of man, not status or birth, that determined their destiny.

10: Is your character married?:

Jimi has no experience with umm… romance.

11: Does your character have any prejudices?:

Cranes – elegant; Crabs – tough; Dragon – wise; Lion – heroic; Mantis – unorthodox; Phoenix – learned; Scorpion – loyal; Unicorn – free; Spider – eeeeeevil.

12: To whom does your character owe the most loyalty?

Empress and the empire!

13: What are your character's favorite and least favorite things?

Favorite: reading about heroes and famous battles

Least favorite: public speaking, dancing, and calligraphy.

14: Does your character have any recurring mannerisms?:
Jimi almost always wears a stupid grin on his face and is prone to laughter. He looks at new things with amazement and eyes of wonder.

15: What about your characters emotions?:

Jimi is easily inspired and overeager. Because he is so deep in his own idealistic convictions it is difficult for others to bring up negative emotions such as sadness, jealousy, or hate.

16: How would your character handle a subordinate's improper behavior?

Jimi will continue to see the good and worth after a subordinates’ wrong doing (unless it is extremely grievous or dishonorable). Jimi would attempt to inspire his subordinate with tales common folk performing heroic deeds and believe that his subordinate will learn and grow from his mistake.

17: How would your character's parents describe him?:

A model Monkey

18: What is your character's highest ambition?:

Becoming an emerald magistrate or captain of the imperial guard

19: How religious is your character?:

Jimi doesn’t really understand religion, but he prays to the kami, his ancestors, and the fortune of virtue (Toku) because he believes that’s what a good samurai is suppose to do.

20: How will your character die?:

If he focus his being on doing what is righteous and good, he may become a hero of the people like Lord Toku. Heroes do not die, they live on in hearts and in the annals of men.
Pruto
Pruto
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Toku Jimi - in the footsteps of a legend Empty Re: Toku Jimi - in the footsteps of a legend

Post  Pruto Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:58 am

Dear diary-san,

This is officially entry one of my new diary. I had hoped to start this new chapter off under better circumstances. I am currently writing to you in the confines of a makeshift prison, held captive by the very evil that I swore to destroy. While the others of my group are busy arguing and running away, I am writing to collect my thoughts and regain my composure for the encounter that is to come.

My deepest apology for losing you in that avalanche. You have been a valued friend and confidant since before I can remember. Once this test passes and the Empire is at peace I will spend time at a temple in deep meditation. Hopefully I can remember and recover from memory some of my previous 528 entries.

The ability to take on multiple assailants at impossible odds is a legendary skill of Lord Toku and other famous Monkey Clan samurai. Unfortunately my first attempt at such a feat failed miserably. In a valiant attempt to locate and rescue my friend Gon I rushed head first into a group of the evil red ronin. Although unarmored, I had faith in my training as a Toku-Bushi. Fortune favors the bold my sensei always said. This was my third engagement with the red-armored foes, I was sure I had figured out their tendencies and weaknesses from previous encounters. Unfortunately I was only able to offer two clumsy strikes before I was overwhelmed. Honestly I thought that was my end; dead without cleansing the stain I have left on my family and clan. The fortunes smiled on me today, maybe even Toku-sama himself! I woke up not so recently under the care of Gaipan-san. For someone who worships death he possesses uncommon skill to help others regain life. Perhaps he felt I was yet unworthy to meet the Shi Tien Yen Wang. I owe him a deep debt that will not be forgotten.
P.S.

Our clan’s close ties with the Scorpion afforded me an indispensable introduction to poisons and their affects. My Scorpion sensei believed in the merit of first hand… experience. Needless to say some of those lessons are the most memorable and vivid in all my schooling. However that experience did not prepare me for my first encounter with sake. I am embarrassed to report that the effects of sake, possibly due to the uniqueness of the blend favored in the Mantis lands, are devastating for a novice. I did not feel the full effects of its potent bite until after the fourth bottle. Maybe trying to impress the serving girl with my drinking prowess was a bad idea for a first time consumer.
Pruto
Pruto

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum