The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st Place Spider Breeder Tampa Kotei

3 posters

Go down

1st Place Spider Breeder Tampa Kotei Empty 1st Place Spider Breeder Tampa Kotei

Post  panku Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:24 pm

Here is a quick deck list and some notes on the deck. I'll post a tournament report over the next few days.

Fields of the Dead

1 Fu Leng’s Guidance
1 Jimen's Decree
3 Border Village
3 Shinomen Marsh
3 Expendable Resources
3 Barley Farm
2 Traveling Peddler
1 Dark Oracle of Fire

3 Chuda Inisi
3 Udo
3 Chuda Atsuro
3 Hachigoro
1 Daigotsu Susumu
3 Chuda Shuzo
3 Gutobo
3 Chuda Otsu
1 Daigotsu Taizo

3 Unfamiliar Ground
3 Shameful and Cowardly
3 Rout
3 Proper Deference
3 Claw and Shell
3 Caught Unawares
3 Settling the Homeless
3 Final Duty
3 Border Ambush
3 Flanked by Nightamres
3 Unnatural Hunger
3 Scouting Far Afield
3 Unclean Sacrifice
1 Forewarning

It is very important to have a lot of gold on the table with this deck. You need 3g for Peddler, 3g for the box, and enough to flush 2-4 bodies out every turn while leaving a Expendable unbowed.

The deck wins against military by flooding the board with bodies, then controlling the way your opponent assigns to attack and defend. One good engaged battle where you can burn out your opponents hand will usually win you the game as you can draw 3-4 cards a turn.

I've dropped out all regions and most events in order to ensure that i consistently flip bodies when operating on 2-3 provinces. Most anti-honor events are dead anyways due to the heavy use of subversive influence.

Against honor spend the first 1-2 turns building your economy and flush hard for Chuda Shuzo. Then breed out as much as possible pitching everything but the most critical cards. Most honor decks loose if they engage against this deck. If they don't Wall of Honor home, Shameful and Cowardly combined with Scouting can take them entirely out of the game. Proper Deference buys you 1-2 turns to dig through your deck for the cards you need.

This deck rolls over to dishonor as it runs no meta against it. Run Oyo Seidos if your expecting to face it in your meta.
panku
panku
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

1st Place Spider Breeder Tampa Kotei Empty Re: 1st Place Spider Breeder Tampa Kotei

Post  Kakita Hideo Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:56 pm

The list was a great call for our Kotei and avoiding a slander matchup in the finals was a stroke of luck. We'll see how the Meta adjust to spider's great weekend and see if the slander/dishonor decks continue to rise. I'm already looking forward to South Carolina.
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo
Kenshinzen of The Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

1st Place Spider Breeder Tampa Kotei Empty Re: 1st Place Spider Breeder Tampa Kotei

Post  panku Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:11 pm

Its possible to beat dishonor if you put in the meta. Some Oyo Seidos, Might of the Shadowlands and Questionable Charities go a long way to winning that match up. However, i dislike all 3 of those cards against most of the honor and military decks in the current environment. Oyo hurts your gold and the other 2 can cost you early game tempo if you get hit by a claw & shell or some other limited kill.
panku
panku

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:23 am

wow rich, 1 forewarning? you're a betting man! Very Happy

btw your new avatar freaks me out
Pruto
Pruto
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  panku Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:12 pm

I couldn't find a card i wanted to cut to fit in the second copy of forewarning. There where a few games in the tournament where i didn't have it in hand, and if my opponents would have been flushing harder for the events i would have probably lost.

Someone sculpted a extremely realistic profile of a undead baby. I happened to come across it the other day and was inspired to use it as my avatar. I'll probably change it soon though.
panku
panku

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum