The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Tenets...

4 posters

Go down

Possible Tenets... Empty Possible Tenets...

Post  Moto Damasko Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Since I didn't see a place for this I thought it would be good to start a thread:

Do the impossible, See the invisible, Raw Raw Fight the Power, Touch the untouchable, Break the unbreakable, Raw Raw Fight the Power:
Basically in a nutshell I've seen players both in normal play and at competitive levels give up way to easily, even I have fallen prey to it. This is a game where there is absolutely no penalty to your life for losing, you may get pushed out of competition but otherwise, why quit? Do the impossible and try to win even if you know your chance is low, less than nothing. Your opponent will see your confidence, will see that maybe he was wrong about your position, question his chances, question his choices, make a mistake. Play with confidence even if you know you will lose and you never know, you may break the barrier that you believed was before you and end up winning.

In the end it's a game, play it to the fullest, enjoy and learn, take everything you can from each game and win or lose you will be better for it.

Last edited by Moto Damasko on Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Back to top Go down

Possible Tenets... Empty Re: Possible Tenets...

Post  Sleep Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Will add this.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Akodo Tumbu Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:25 am

I've got one: Never underestimate your opponent's chances, never overestimate your own.

This one basically urges one to be mindful of the surroundings and the situation. It also has some good synergy with #3, because if you play as though your opponent will play everything in the correct order, and has an answer (if not THE answer) for every move you make, you will likely weigh all of your own actions and reactions more carefully, and are more likely to play them in the correct order (I've found that this game relies a great deal on how and when you play your hand, not just what you have in the deck). This will naturally lend itself nicely to your confidence level, and also will allow you to capitalize on those mistakes your opponent may make from second-guessing their own plays.
Akodo Tumbu
Akodo Tumbu
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:04 pm

Akodo Tumbu wrote:I've got one: Never underestimate your opponent's chances, never overestimate your own.

This one basically urges one to be mindful of the surroundings and the situation. It also has some good synergy with #3, because if you play as though your opponent will play everything in the correct order, and has an answer (if not THE answer) for every move you make, you will likely weigh all of your own actions and reactions more carefully, and are more likely to play them in the correct order (I've found that this game relies a great deal on how and when you play your hand, not just what you have in the deck). This will naturally lend itself nicely to your confidence level, and also will allow you to capitalize on those mistakes your opponent may make from second-guessing their own plays.

Will add
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Gosh Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:03 pm

Do you mean tenet? A tenant is someone who rents land or a home/apartment.
Gosh
Gosh
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:22 am

Gosh wrote:Do you mean tenet? A tenant is someone who rents land or a home/apartment.

You know what... Why I outttaaaaa
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:53 am

I'm sorry, unicorn gaijin language bad rokugani, sowwy.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down