[BtD] Mirumoto Yozo Exp.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[BtD] Mirumoto Yozo Exp.

Post  Kakita Hideo on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:08 am

5F 4C

4HR~9GC~2PH

Dragon Clan * Samurai * Duelist * Experienced * Unique

Iaijutsu Battle:
Target an enemy Follower or Personality without Attachments: Destroy
it. Remove it from the game if it is a Lion Clan personality.

"I save your life today only so that I may take it tomorrow, Lion."
avatar
Kakita Hideo
Kenshinzen of The Forgotten Bay

Posts : 1009
Location : Tampa, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [BtD] Mirumoto Yozo Exp.

Post  Moto Damasko on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:10 am

lulz, no more will tricks.
avatar
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Posts : 1242

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [BtD] Mirumoto Yozo Exp.

Post  valentine on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:24 am

kakita hideo wrote:


"I save your life today only so that I may take it tomorrow, Lion."
avatar
valentine
Forgotten Bay Bushi
Forgotten Bay Bushi

Posts : 78
Location : hotlanta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [BtD] Mirumoto Yozo Exp.

Post  panku on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:00 pm

Its starting to look as if Dragon is going to get dueling as a primary theme this next arc.

_____________________________

-Richard
avatar
panku
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 636

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [BtD] Mirumoto Yozo Exp.

Post  Pruto on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:03 pm

dragon gets dueling as a primary theme every arc for better or worse... Wish this guy had 1 more PH and one more Chi. Don't particularly like the art. Overall Dragon got the shaft this set, some decent cards, some meh cards, not really one that jumps out at you.
avatar
Pruto
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 395
Location : The Zoo (seriously I live by the zoo)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [BtD] Mirumoto Yozo Exp.

Post  panku on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:29 am

His force/chi to gold ratio is right on curve for a high honor military faction. Plus he has a printed kill action. The only possible complaint is that doesn't do much to support any of Dragon's themes this arc. In fact, most of the dragon previews where like that.

I would like to point out that i think both the new monk and Readied Steel where both amazing.

_____________________________

-Richard
avatar
panku
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 636

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [BtD] Mirumoto Yozo Exp.

Post  togashi_naiteiru on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:45 am

panku wrote:His force/chi to gold ratio is right on curve for a high honor military faction. Plus he has a printed kill action. The only possible complaint is that doesn't do much to support any of Dragon's themes this arc. In fact, most of the dragon previews where like that.

I would like to point out that i think both the new monk and Readied Steel where both amazing.

Yozo is great, in the fact that he is a good duelist, with a nice ability. His artwork pales in comparison with this: http://www.coreybeahon.com/images/Illustrations/vengeance.png But maybe I am biased. =P However, his down side is he is not built for a deck we have in plan currently.

The Dragon previews were all suggestive of us waiting for the next arc to see the majority of our new personalities kicking any ammount of ass. Which is a shame, because because it would be nice to see some of them supporting us this arc.

What I am seeing suggested by Yozo, and by extension the rest of the Dragon previews is that we are going to get Military Dueling to become prevalent (which this Arc was terrible much like last arc), my only hope is that they do not handicap us as they have been in that realm as they try and drag us into it.

Kensai will return, and the newest one is meh. He is far too expensive for what he does, and would be worth the gold cost if he could do his ability while bowed. I have not seen too much Kensai love out of this set save a single action and the above personality.

The Monks look to have fire and water coming once more, which is good, but we need to see much more active monks then we did last time (IE battle abilities that do something useful). We know we will see honor running Tamori, even though we saw nothing to suggest that support thus far.

Lastly... we see my biggest interest, Kitsuki dishonor! Since Chris tuaght me how to play the game, the chance to dishonor him out of the game on purpose would make me feel like Datrth Vader fighting Obiwan. The previews have made this support we are seeing the most sexy in my opinion, and I best in early arc, we will see Magistrate Dueling from Dragon more often.

_____________________________
Finding Enlightenment at the edge of a blade.

avatar
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

Posts : 643
Location : Tampa, FL

View user profile http://www.coreybeahon.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [BtD] Mirumoto Yozo Exp.

Post  Pruto on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:55 am

yeah if he was duelist kensai that would be a different story. the dragon forum was theorizing that dragon might get a flat samurai military theme, which would be... interesting... I guess thats the type of deck dragon ran out of TKM early CE (or so i've been told).

Military dueling (in the kensai general theme) would be cool, it was something dragon could pull off since the dawn of time, but they never really got enough support for it to be really viable. It would also make thematic sense, dragon duelists are more about being weapon masters than having perfect technique like the crane. i always felt dragons use dueling skills for practical purposes (military) where crane dueled for mastery of the "art" and politics (honor). But this guy isn't kensai =/

As far as the monk, don't get me wrong rich, i do like him (he is practically my RPG character lol), succumb to vice out of monk would be awesome, give them a little control element along with balance in water. but 9 gold? early game that will make you make a tough gold decision.
avatar
Pruto
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 395
Location : The Zoo (seriously I live by the zoo)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [BtD] Mirumoto Yozo Exp.

Post  Moto Damasko on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:33 am

Pruto wrote:yeah if he was duelist kensai that would be a different story. the dragon forum was theorizing that dragon might get a flat samurai military theme, which would be... interesting... I guess thats the type of deck dragon ran out of TKM early CE (or so i've been told).

Military dueling (in the kensai general theme) would be cool, it was something dragon could pull off since the dawn of time, but they never really got enough support for it to be really viable. It would also make thematic sense, dragon duelists are more about being weapon masters than having perfect technique like the crane. i always felt dragons use dueling skills for practical purposes (military) where crane dueled for mastery of the "art" and politics (honor). But this guy isn't kensai =/

As far as the monk, don't get me wrong rich, i do like him (he is practically my RPG character lol), succumb to vice out of monk would be awesome, give them a little control element along with balance in water. but 9 gold? early game that will make you make a tough gold decision.

It's actually a pretty simple concept, being a god with 1 sword is awesome, but when you face a god with two well... can you strike faster than his block and counter-attack? That's the entire focus behind niten ichi-ryu that dragon duelist/kensai are based on, interesting sword-art to say the least.
avatar
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Posts : 1242

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [BtD] Mirumoto Yozo Exp.

Post  Pruto on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:50 am

Moto Damasko wrote:
It's actually a pretty simple concept, being a god with 1 sword is awesome, but when you face a god with two well... can you strike faster than his block and counter-attack? That's the entire focus behind niten ichi-ryu that dragon duelist/kensai are based on, interesting sword-art to say the least.

that's why when I play D&D i almost always go duel wield oversized weapons Twisted Evil I likely won't hit you... but if i do.... anyway off topic lol
avatar
Pruto
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 395
Location : The Zoo (seriously I live by the zoo)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [BtD] Mirumoto Yozo Exp.

Post  panku on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:35 pm

9 Gold for the new monk shouldn't be an issue in a deck that has a low gold curve and little to no attachments. Even Lion runs 2-4 9g personalities.

Up to this point Monks have either had good force, or good battle actions, almost never both at the same time.

_____________________________

-Richard
avatar
panku
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 636

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [BtD] Mirumoto Yozo Exp.

Post  Pruto on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:41 pm

i was thinking about this, dragon gold curve is weird, technically they should have the same gold as every other clan with 4g, but at 5PH you have to prepare to start 1st and 2nd regularly and have limited access to odd gold producing holdings (gold mine, seaside bazaar now, diamond mines), maybe debt collector and barley farm goes back in, and maybe take the risk of play with more than 3 4g holdings.

so going first, first turn double gold, end up at 11g average (+4 crappy, +6 optimal)
second turn you can buy monk gold gold, monk monk, or monk monk gold (if you get a crazy combo of gold mines, seaside bazaar first turn)
assuming you bought at least one gold (13g total) you should be able to afford at least 2 monks starting turn three

but if lady luck dislikes you, you can easily end up with 10g turn two. and have some weird assortment of 9g, 8g, and 7g monks. just feels weird for me. of course i don't rule out being wrong, haven't play monks in months =p
avatar
Pruto
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Posts : 395
Location : The Zoo (seriously I live by the zoo)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [BtD] Mirumoto Yozo Exp.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum