The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 8 at SC: Final Decklist - Unicorns have Big Swords...

2 posters

Go down

Top 8 at SC: Final Decklist - Unicorns have Big Swords...  Empty Top 8 at SC: Final Decklist - Unicorns have Big Swords...

Post  Moto Damasko Mon May 23, 2011 10:19 am

# Dynasty (40)
Outsider Keep... because there really isn't anything better out of a deck with just weapons :/

# Celestials (2)
1 Shinjo's Guidance
1 Daikoku's Guidance

# Regions (1)
1 Plains of Resolution

# Holdings (17)
3 Stables
3 Clan Estate
2 Border Village
3 Wooden Barricade
1 Traveling Peddler
1 Kitsune Den
3 Oyo Seido
1 Chugo Seido

# Personalities (20)
3 Moto Jeng-Yun
3 Shinjo Yamauchi
3 Shinjo Hwarang
1 Shinjo Hwarang - exp
2 Ide Kin
1 Iuchi Katamari - exp
1 Moto Chen - exp3
1 Moto Choon-yei
1 Shinjo Ki-Chang - exp
1 Shinjo Kodama
1 Utaku Yu-Pan - exp2
1 Tamago - exp2
1 Kuronada - exp

# Fate (40)

# Strategies (29)
2 Only Actions Speak
3 Superior Mobility
3 Muscle and Steel
2 Justly Earned Victory
2 Inexorable Defeat
3 Imperial Command
1 The Thriving Light
2 Fall Back!
3 The Cost of Pride
1 Ultimate Sacrifice
2 Kami Unleashed
2 Province Assaulted
3 Determined Force

# Followers (3)
3 Moto Hunters

# Items (7)
1 Chagatai's Armor
2 Rising Sun Blade
3 Modifications
1 Yagimaki's Fist

# Rings (1)
1 Ring of Water

Last edited by Moto Damasko on Mon May 23, 2011 12:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Back to top Go down

Top 8 at SC: Final Decklist - Unicorns have Big Swords...  Empty Re: Top 8 at SC: Final Decklist - Unicorns have Big Swords...

Post  Moto Damasko Mon May 23, 2011 10:58 am

The deck wrecked embassy all day long, and I felt that my games went smooth all through swiss, then I hit a brick wall in the not best of 3 finals. Ended up getting 0'd out after losing tempo to a thunder shugenja deck (surprise!) who zero'd both my big fellows out in the open. No justly ftl. Anyways moving forward I have the deck-list ready for future tournaments/gencon my hopes are to take it there if a shugenja deck I'll be messing with doesn't make me happier to play it.

Regardless the tournament report is to follow:
Disclaimer - These are as I remember them, correct me if I am mistaken.

I'll add names later...
Round 1: Scorpion PoCS Dishonor
Nice enough guy, he was running out of the bow to dishonor stronghold. The game started slow, bought out dudes. I took my first two provinces unopposed, and he bombed me quick down using UI. His honor clock ran down quick as well (to end at -19). Eventually I went to an opposed battle where he had a dishonorable person, I negated a destruction and movement, crunch. He blows his hand to try and break me, I seppuku chucking everything. Gain a bunch of honor with oyo seido and a second use of kitsune den (thank you daikoku's). In the final battle it was a dishonored Jimen vs a jeng-yun and moto hunters. He bows my hunters with inexplicable challenge, I lose my two, and runs home. I look at him, tilt my head, straighten with superior mobility, and he reaches across. He asked me if I had a kill action... I show him an ultimate with cards in hand.

If he hadn't of run home I would have won via dishonor, jimen drops dead and he loses two, putting him at -21. Now I'm sad that I didn't win in such an epic fashion.
MVP: my opponent not finding a second UI.

Round 2: Unicorn Big Attachments
Why I am sitting across from another unicorn this early is beyond me... Turns out there was something like 8 unicorns at the kotei. Anyways this unicorn is a turn-coat, Mack usually plays Mantis Commanders, he muttered something about them not being good...

Anyways, he wins the dice off (awesome...), finds his double clan holdings. I get screwed and double mulligan into nothing. I buy kodama. The game continues, I buy some holdings turn 2, turn 3 I forget I have a bamboo harvestors, ask to buy an extra holding, I'm disallowed. From here it was a matter of a poor defense choice to lose. With no way to flip tempo and losing the dice roll in addition to gold screw, well your done son.

GG Dice roll...

Round 3: Unicorn Battle Maidens
Wonderful fellow, he seems newer. I am again pissed, because I have to win this game and its against a fellow brother. Anyways, I win the dice off (and in following fashion), we both see chen. He buys chen first while I bought jeng-yun and bolster my economy. Double shinjo's guidance is out. Anyways, long story short, I attach a moto hunters, I jeng-yun chen. I swing, do my outsider keep thang, find a second copy of cost of pride, he desperate rushes my hunters, I cost of pride him. He looks down... looks at his hand, and says damn ... Jeng-yun kills chen, I gain two honor, I buy my copy of chen. His turn he buys two battle maidens. I deck chen out, run over a battle maiden with chen, and buy another dude and gold. Rinse repeat. From here it's mostly downhill for the battle maiden player.

MVP: Jeng-yun having enough balls to face chen alone.

Round 4: Embassy Honor Runner
Nice player, he was the husband of the honor contests judge, and he was a wonderful former unicorn and old school player. Either way we throw down. He buys hideo exp, I buy jeng-yun. He dishonors jeng-yun, I give him his honor, I don't attach a weapon and instead province assaulted killing hideo. I jeng-yun shikishi to bring her ass in, he discourses me. I buy a dude and gold. From here I have enough gold to outproduce him, he tries to find a duelist, but by then I'm floating on weapons and attachments to negate, transfer and redirect my way around him. In the final turns before he would honor out, I OAS him on his turn and mine, I swing, and take the province.

Playing around his control and lots of negation.

Round 5: Embassy Crane Dueling honor
This guy seemed to have a lot more emphasis on dueling than the previous deck, and he gets gold screwed. I play around his deck, taking a province. I province assaulted a shikishi in here somewhere, and take a second province. From here his honor goes up rather well as he dishonors me in duels and controls me for a turn. I then flip over kuronada, I look at the table he has 5 holdings, 3 duelists, all below 5 chi. I buy kuronada and slap double modifications on him. From here, I swing at a single province, take it. He buys a dude, and not much else. I see oas from my extra card draw with tamago popping in my province. I wait a turn buy him, oas him at 40 on his turn to get the cards I need. Equip all my money to tamago and kuronada. He has 1 unbowed defender since he felt the kensho-in was more important for the favor. He controls down kuronada (no muscle), I swing with 3 unicorns and tamago, he bounces tamago with the favor, I water him back in, he hamstrungs, I determined force his 2 force duelist and he reaches across the table.

Province assaulted was awesome, but kuronada really made this game end quickly.

Round 6: Ide kirik's little follower shinanhui!
Ever look across the table and see 30 cards? Breeder right? No unicorn little followers *table flip*. I love this deck, its my favorite unicorn deck, and this is my third unicorn player for the day... WHY, WHY DO I HAVE TO PLAY AGAINST MY BROTHERS! Anyways, he wins the roll (Crap...). I see chen, he see's ki-chang. We both stall (I should have equipped and swung, so stupid!), I let him take the first province. We trade, he see's the follower spirit cap, and a second ide-kin (I province assaulted the first), and as we trade and trade, he spawns tons, I mean tons of followers. Eventually We get into a final battle, He manages to cut through chens weapons with overpowerings and kills him. At the end of the battle its a ki-chang, a yamauchi, a jeng-yun and an ide-kin all with tons of spuds vs my 10 force katamari with a fist and a 6 force ki-chang. I sigh a little, tactician, realize I'm an idiot, justly, realize I'm an idiot, and used a previous hwarang to bow a hwarang with a force penalty while I'm holding a useless cost of pride, realize I'm an idiot, sigh, pass, bounce him but he has two provinces to my 1. Jeng-yun gets attachments, I swing, take a province and he swings back, that's game.

GG dice roll and poor play on my part.

Round 7: Scorpion PoCS dishonor
Nice player, one of the cats from Above Board Games, I think that's the name. They were all wearing black shirts with the name on it. He see's a poor start with only 1 gold and jou showing up. I buy out double gold. He buys another gold and a body. I buy a weapon and swing, taking a province unopposed. More gold. His turn, he buys Jimen and another gold. My turn I see daikoku's pop up. Province assaulted jou. He dishonors my jeng-yun, I rehonor with kitsune den. I buy it back with daikoku's. I swing, take a province. I buy double dudes (1 being a yu-pan for full) and gold. He dishonors, I do some transfers and seppuku a pull the string and an arranged guilt. He buys two guys, one being hisoka. I rehonor with kitsune den again, after some transfers I take a third province unopposed. In the final battle, he dishonors yu-pan equipped with a moto hunters and chagatai's armor with game of sincerity. I bow a dude with the hunters. He dishonors another personality with a weapon with game of sincerity (I'm sitting at -11). I bow another dude, he tries to kill yu-pan with restoring order. I muscle and steel the destruction. I move her back in with ring of water. He does it again, I prevent the destruction with the armor, and move her back in with the armor. He passes, I straight with superior mobility. He runs home with jimen. I pass, rehonoring both my personalities. Next turn he doesn't have enough to stop me and he reaches across.

MVP: Unopposed provinces, I'm unicorn it's what I do, and double kitsune den. <3 daikoku's and kitsune den.

Top 8: Game Over vs Mantis Shugenja
to be continued.

Last edited by Moto Damasko on Tue May 24, 2011 7:22 pm; edited 6 times in total
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Top 8 at SC: Final Decklist - Unicorns have Big Swords...  Empty Re: Top 8 at SC: Final Decklist - Unicorns have Big Swords...

Post  Pruto Mon May 23, 2011 1:43 pm

I really like this deck. ton of card draw, big bad uniques
Pruto
Pruto
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Mon May 23, 2011 1:48 pm

Pruto wrote:I really like this deck. ton of card draw, big bad uniques

Gonna drop 1 modifications, and yagimaki's fist, 3 determined force, 1 imperial command for 3 wyrmbone katana, a third justly earned, and two obfuscations.

Dropping kuronada for Moto Yuudai. Figure he sneaks in there with tamago for his abilities.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum