The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FL Kotei TO Report

Go down

FL Kotei TO Report  Empty FL Kotei TO Report

Post  sorn38 Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:07 am

:: Cross posted from the AEG forums ::

Heh Sorry folks, I came back to a Pile of Work. Unfortunately my job is one of those where the Work doesn't get done for me when i disappear, it just kinda Piles up.

Anyway Excuses aside.. Let me say that I had a great time. The FL Folks (North, Mid and Southerns) and there Close Neighbors In Georgia, ETC are great Folks. The Day went Smooth and From the After event conversation I can safely say that I'm not in a Minority of thinking that everyone had just as good a time as I did.

[size=120]Special Thanks I want to Push out :[/size]
[size=105]David Rodriguez[/size] -- for Flying in From PR and Splitting Hotel/Car fees. You are an enjoyable person and You are always welcome at any thing i have a hand in.
[size=105]Michael (OgreMunchy)[/size] -- you have been a great help these last two years in Logistic's, I hope that you enjoy the Playmat. It was well earned.
[size=105]Nick (Head Judge)[/size] -- you Did a good Job for your first time around judging. In addition you were always available to help out with the little things to keep the day Rolling
[size=105]Team Anthem / Team DarkSide[/size] -- Thank you for the donation of the Sword for first Place. and Good Luck in your New Forum Home. The Forgotten Bay Dojo
[urlhttp://www.anthem-games.com/][size=105]Anthem Games Store[/size][/url] -- in the Early days of Planning of the 2011 year the Owners spent alot of time working with me to verify that Tampa was the place to Host.
and
[size=105]DarkSide Games[/size] -- It's an Amazing store that you have. Plenty of room, top notch staff, and an Owner that really went out of is way to make sure I had what I needed.

[size=120]Down to the Nitty Gritty :[/size]

Total attendance : 54

Clan Counts :
Crane 10
Spider 8
Lion 7
Phoenix 7
Scorpion 7
Mantis 6
Dragon 5
Unicorn 3
Crab 1
Ronin 0

Top 4 :
Main event :
1st - Walling, Richard -- Spider -- Let's Provence Burn - and Chooses "Master of the Thunder Ascendant style martial art"
2nd - Hatcher, Daniel CN
3rd - Williams, Jeffrey MT
4th - Welch, Thermon CN

Honor event:
1st : Robert Pursell -- Crane -- who was acting as a champion for Vanessa Anjos -- chooses Doji Hakuseki
2nd : David Rodriguez DG
3rd : Jason Shafer DG

A note: Robert went out of his Way to Literally make several trips to the store throughout the event. He Made Impassioned Pleas to sway folks to his way of thinking and after that he went so far as to Buy Can's off of other folks with Rares from his personal collection. The Reason Why I only have three names is Because he' rewarded everyone else with stuff so that he could add to his donation levels. it was an Amazing thing to watch.

[size=120]Finial Thoughts :[/size]

We had 54 total attendees for the Kotei this year, Down just a Bit from Last year, but with Gas Prices and end of Arc it's what i had planned For. That said we Pushed out some great Prize support this year. Including Customized Drew Baker Playmats for Top of Clan, and Engraved Shot-glasses for some specialty Placements... GenCon Provided a couple Free passes and the Forgotten Bay Dojo Provided a Sword for first Place to Commemorate their "Coming into Existence as an Official L5R team" .. and to Top it Off we had both the Main and Supplemental Kit From AEG, full of Packs and Deck backers, and other Goodies.

In addition During the Second Half of the Tourney We held a Box of Greed that With Receipt of Purchase from the Store was Good for one pull for every 5$ Spent. I had Multiple folks that ended up with 18 - 23 Pulls and alot of 3- 10 pulls. I'm glad i thought to Warn the store owner in advance Smile

Because of all that No-one walked out with Less than 4 packs, and those that Only walked out with Four Packs only did because they skipped the Wild draft that was Free Smile which was good For 4 additional rares From my Box of Greed for even the First folks knocked out of it.

So I'll call it a Success.

Thanks again All
We'll see what happens Next year
Fk

sorn38
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down