The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bradenton/Sarasota, FL Emperor Pre-Release events!

+3
Kakita Hideo
Daigotsu Thrakhath
DancingTofu
7 posters

Go down

Bradenton/Sarasota, FL Emperor Pre-Release events! Empty Bradenton/Sarasota, FL Emperor Pre-Release events!

Post  DancingTofu Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Emperor Edition dates have been announced! Anyone in the Bradenton/Sarasota area or anyone willing to travel there, here's the info of what's going on at the local Stronghold Store: The Dark Side Comics and Games! *NOTE* A lot of this info is still up in the air, but after discussion this weekend, we should have more concrete dates and times. *NOTE*

Booster pre-release Jan 27-29. Format is draft, there will be a promo and a storyline event!

Starter pre-release Feb 17-19. format is sealed, there will be a different promo and storyline event!

Release date is Feb 27, but Stronghold Stores may sell product from pre-release dates onward (i.e. Boosters can be sold Jan 27 and onward, Starters can be sold Feb 17 and onward). Online retailers and big box stores have to wait until Feb 27 to sell Emperor Edition Product.

Our main issue is that Jan 28 is the pre-release for the next Magic set, and we honestly cannot expect to have enough room at Dark Side for anything but Magic that day. We are looking at either Jan 27 or 29, and we can also probably do a "midnight pre-release" late Friday/early Saturday, perhaps other days, but I'd have to see. We could also hold off a week and have a pre-release event on Feb 4, since Feb 16 is the deadline for reporting tournament reports for the storyline event. *NOTE* We should not have these issues with the Starter pre-release. *NOTE*

To ensure that the store orders enough product, we need to get an idea of how many people outside of the regular Bradenton/Sarasota group will attend. Please also state on which date is better for you. The choices are as follows:

Jan 27
Jan 28 at Midnight (Late Friday/Early Saturday)
Jan 29
Feb 4

Please let us know ASAP so we can schedule the event accordingly and ensure optimal attendance and participation! Thanks!

*ATTENTION* The Emperor Edition Booster Pre-Release Event will be Friday, January 27th, 2012 at 7:00 PM at The Dark Side. The location on Google Maps can be found here for those that need directions. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=501+North+Beneva+Road,+Sarasota,+FL&hl=en&ll=27.341008,-82.498548&spn=0.007491,0.013754&sll=27.33731,-82.496703&sspn=0.007491,0.013754&vpsrc=0&hnear=501+N+Beneva+Rd,+Sarasota,+Florida+34237&t=m&z=16 *ATTENTION*

Last edited by DancingTofu on Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
DancingTofu
DancingTofu
Ambassador of the Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Bradenton/Sarasota, FL Emperor Pre-Release events! Empty Re: Bradenton/Sarasota, FL Emperor Pre-Release events!

Post  Daigotsu Thrakhath Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:56 pm

Some of us from Gainesville (five at most) could probably make it down. The date doesn't matter too much, although I doubt we'd make it for a midnight event.
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Ambassador of the Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Bradenton/Sarasota, FL Emperor Pre-Release events! Empty Re: Bradenton/Sarasota, FL Emperor Pre-Release events!

Post  DancingTofu Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:16 pm

Right on! We should have a date set in stone by Tuesday.
DancingTofu
DancingTofu

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:48 pm

Sleep and I will be there. Possibly Patrick as well
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo
Kenshinzen of The Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  BayushiTrevron Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Awesome, we hope to see as many as possible.
BayushiTrevron
BayushiTrevron
Bright Shield of Sweet Truths

Location : In the seam where secrets sleep between me, her, the devil, and the deep blue sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:08 pm

Moar like definitely Patrick...
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Back to top Go down

Post  DancingTofu Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:38 pm

The Emperor Edition Booster Pre-Release Event will be Friday, January 27th, at 7:00 PM at The Dark Side.

For those who need directions, here is the store's location on Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=501+North+Beneva+Road,+Sarasota,+FL&hl=en&ll=27.341008,-82.498548&spn=0.007491,0.013754&sll=27.33731,-82.496703&sspn=0.007491,0.013754&vpsrc=0&hnear=501+N+Beneva+Rd,+Sarasota,+Florida+34237&t=m&z=16

Hope to see you there!
DancingTofu
DancingTofu

Back to top Go down

Post  BayushiTrevron Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:49 pm

Since there's been no additional response since a firm time and date were announced: Tampa guys, Jacksonville folks, and others- who or how many are expecting to be here for the Friday, January 27 EE Booster Draft Pre-Release event at 7PM at The Dark Side in Sarasota?
BayushiTrevron
BayushiTrevron

Location : In the seam where secrets sleep between me, her, the devil, and the deep blue sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:08 pm

I'll have to wait on a reply from Corey and Pat but I would be able to go.
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:12 pm

Kakita Hideo wrote:I'll have to wait on a reply from Corey and Pat but I would be able to go.

That's fine...
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:42 pm

what price are we looking at?

And barring something crazy happening I'll be there
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:49 pm

Sleep wrote:what price are we looking at?

And barring something crazy happening I'll be there

We got you bro? You're going and you are playing...
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:52 pm

you guys are using the 5-2 cut to Naked Twister method right? Because Corey is sooooo going if you are.... Bradenton/Sarasota, FL Emperor Pre-Release events! 242999749
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo

Back to top Go down

Post  BayushiTrevron Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Entry is $15.

Not sure the elimination.

Second chance naked twister honor event lol.
BayushiTrevron
BayushiTrevron

Back to top Go down

Post  DancingTofu Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:51 pm

No elimination, Swiss format.
DancingTofu
DancingTofu

Back to top Go down

Post  DancingTofu Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:49 pm

I'm really sorry, guys, but I have to raise the admission fee from $15.00 to $18.00 to cover the cost of the packs. I had assumed incorrectly that we would be using 3 Emperor Edition packs to draft. We will now be using 2 Emperor Edition packs, 1 Before the Dawn and 1 Second City pack.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, this is totally my fault for not understanding how L5R draft works.
DancingTofu
DancingTofu

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:39 pm

DancingTofu wrote:I'm really sorry, guys, but I have to raise the admission fee from $15.00 to $18.00 to cover the cost of the packs. I had assumed incorrectly that we would be using 3 Emperor Edition packs to draft. We will now be using 2 Emperor Edition packs, 1 Before the Dawn and 1 Second City pack.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, this is totally my fault for not understanding how L5R draft works.

Sounds fine to me...
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:46 pm

i have a jank deck in the works that looks pretty fun, when do you guys do egg?
Pruto
Pruto
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:30 pm

Pruto wrote:i have a jank deck in the works that looks pretty fun, when do you guys do egg?

Anthony and I squeeze between 5-10 games a week playing each other at odd times of the day. The big day I devote to L5R is tuesdays, usually playing a few games/deckbuilding in the morning, and then playing with the guys in the evening. This week I skipped the evening playing due to my sleep schedule being wonky (been waking up at 5am or earlier and it's killing me... I'm more of a "wake up at 10am" kind of guy). We use skype and Evolve (as discussed in the other post about playing on egg) and it's been working VERY well.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Daigotsu Thrakhath Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:43 pm

Two of us from Gainesville are planning to be down there.
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Ambassador of the Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  BayushiTrevron Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:12 pm

I can't wait to see everyone tomorrow. I'm really excited to finally get going officially on Emperor Edition.
BayushiTrevron
BayushiTrevron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:17 pm

BayushiTrevron wrote:I can't wait to see everyone tomorrow. I'm really excited to finally get going officially on Emperor Edition.

The feeling is mutual!
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:46 am

It was good to actually play EE. I'm impressed with the drafting changes and look forward to more drafts in the future. Of course getting the players together was the real treat and I'm glad to see L5R thrive and grow. Looking forward to the Sealed event.

Crab, I gives you honorzz!!!!! Bradenton/Sarasota, FL Emperor Pre-Release events! 242999749

Yasuki Hideo, the Duelist formally know as Kakita
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo

Back to top Go down

Post  DancingTofu Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:30 pm

I'm glad to hear it!

I learned A LOT about what to do and what not to do when running an event (first one I've ever run, so thanks for being patient!). I promise the sealed event will be MUCH smoother (as well as any draft or constructed event for that matter).

I'm pretty sure we're looking at Feb 17th for the sealed, once its confirmed I will make a new thread here to keep everyone informed! I'll also post details for our regular tournaments when we get that ball rolling, so if anybody wants to join us, they will know when to do so!

I'm taking it upon myself to organize and run our events at Dark Side, so please PM me if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions!

Thanks again for the extra promos, Anthem guys! <3
DancingTofu
DancingTofu

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:33 pm

Excellent event, looking forward to the next. Thank you for having us, and while I dislike your cabbage, I find the whole clan thing very cool.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down