The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Confirmed Team Anthem Atlanta Kotei Pricing and Timing Info!!!!!!! (Updated 3/1/2012)

4 posters

Go down

Final Confirmed Team Anthem Atlanta Kotei Pricing and Timing Info!!!!!!! (Updated 3/1/2012) Empty Final Confirmed Team Anthem Atlanta Kotei Pricing and Timing Info!!!!!!! (Updated 3/1/2012)

Post  Sleep Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:21 pm

UPDATE! Just to add to the list of "things not to forget":

Cell Phone charger! Wallet!

Also, here is the relevant information for our stay.

The hotel:

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Johns Creek
11505 Medlock Bridge Road
Duluth, GA 30097

The hotels number:
770-622-5858

----

Alright. So we decided on "package one". We have 6 people coming (Me, Anthony, Paul, Patrick, Corey, and Mike (thrakhath on the forums)).

The hotel, after taxes, came out to $202.40 which was just a hair more expensive than when I looked last week, but not too much (like $12, or $2 a head).

Between 6 people, that means each person is going to pay $33.73 each for the hotel.

For gas, the math came out to 300$ total (check the previous post for the math). Now, Thrakhath lives in gainesville and I'm not going to make him pay the same for gas as us. From gville to suwanee is 360 miles, so total mileage for Thrak is 720 miles. That's roughly 3/4th of our trip. For 6 people going the full distance, that was $50 a head, and 3/4ths of 50 is 37.50. the difference is 12.50 in gas that will has to be made up with the rest of the group. Basically, Thrak is paying $37.50 for gas, and everyone else is paying $52.50.

Kotei reg is still just the $30 dollars.

So, final numbers for everyone:

Team Anthem: $33.73 Hotel, $52.50 gas, $30 Registration = $116.23.

Team Thrakhath: $33.73 Hotel, $37.50 gas, $30 Registration = $101.23

Now, you'll need to pay for the registration in person at the event, so the amount of money I'll need from you personally will be $86.23 ($71.23 from Thrak). You can pay me any time up to the trip, but I WILL need the money for gas, so I need it before/during the drive up. I will also make sure that patrick gets half of the allotted gas money to cover his gas expenses... so another reason to get it to me early.

Our plan is to LEAVE Tampa at 7:30am. Meaning... be on the interstate at 7:30. Corey has requested to ride with me, which I don't mind. But if it becomes an issue of people calling certain cars, then we can just roll dice to decide who rides where. 2 people will be riding with me straight there, one person will be riding with patrick and will also have the responsibility of helping Patrick pick up Thrakhath in gville along the way. The ensures that both cars have even number of passengers.

~~~~
Sleep's handy guide to going to an out-of-state Kotei! (AKA WTF I need a checklist of things to do so that I don't mess up this trip)

So, this is your first time trekking to the great white north to play in a kotei with Team Anthem? No? Wait, you went on several trips last year? WELL TOO BAD YOU GET TO LISTEN TO THIS ANYWAYS.

Alright. So we will be leaving early Friday morning. Some tips for preparation:

• Get some rest Thursday night before we leave. Do NOT sleep in the car during the ride up (this will ruin your ability to sleep that night, which will hinder your performance at the tournament.

• Pack well! You will need: *Toiletries* DEODERANT (very important), Shampoo, Soap/bodywash, Toothbrush and Toothpaste. *Comfort* A pillow and a sheet/blanket/sleeping bag (very important, you MAY be sleeping on the floor if you lose the customary Roshambo competition), a book or portable gaming device (for the ride up and for relaxing before bed the night before. It's important to take your mind off of the tournament.) *Tourny Necessities* YOUR DECK. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. CHECK THREE TIMES THAT YOU HAVE THIS BEFORE YOU LEAVE. Dice (I recommend two D10's and a D20). Pad of Paper and a PEN (Do not use pencil. And just suck it up and bring this. DO IT). Your honor event entry if you decided to do one (Don't forget it at home, you'll be kicking yourself). A printed out, typed-up decklist of your deck (This saves time and hassle the day of the tourney, and the ATL guys usually require this. If you have a couple cards you aren't sure about yet or last minute changes, print multiple copies). Your trades (Optional, but important to make trades with other players, and more importantly, help people out that may need last minute copies of cards. Be a good person and do this.) Your sanity (very optional).

• Prepare Mind, Body, AND Soul. Do not go to a mexican restaurant and eat 10 plates of beans thursday night before we leave. Again, get plenty of rest. Also, try to clear your mind of all the other "clutter" of your life for just these 3 days. Once you are in the car with your teammates, consider that you are taking a mental vacation and the only thing in the world that matters is having fun with the other 5 people on the trip. Try to avoid ANY negativity, even if it's something you feel strongly about, because it will bring down the teams morale.

• It is customary for us to get breakfast Friday before we leave. If you want to save money, please make sure you have eaten before we leave, because we wont be stopping again for several hours. Also, consider bringing snacks (good car food is wrapped granola bars, bottles of water, crackers, gummies, etc). Do NOT pig out on soda and chocolates during the ride up... the sugar and caffeine will mess with your body chemistry Friday night.

• It is customary for us to go out to eat for dinner on friday evening, AND to go out to eat after the tournament on saturday night (very late). These meals are usually at sit-down restaurants and you should expect to spend a little bit of money at each. Expect something along the lines of T.G.I.Fridays or Applebees or something similar. On Saturday night, we usually wind down with a few beers at one of these establishments (with a few more ordered if someone won the event or did really well) so consider that in your monetary allowance for the trip. You don't HAVE to spend a lot of money, and you can even pack your own food if you would like. But go in expecting these things to happen.

• Saturday morning, a large breakfast WILL be had. Either IHOP or someplace similar. We will wake up early, probably 2 1/2 hours before the tourney. We will eat a large breakfast and spend the morning chatting and just clearing the space between our ears. This is very important, because 1) You don't get hungry in the middle of round 1-2, and 2) You get to the tournament with your mind clear and your body relaxed. This allows you to focus on what's at hand, instead of being groggy from the night before, or worrying about when the lunch break will be.

• We WILL ride up listening to "The Final Countdown". No if's, ands, or buts. It's just tradition.

• The ride back on Sunday will occur about 20-30 min before checkout time. This is to ensure that everyone has ample time to pack up and gather all their stuff so that we don't forget anything at the hotel. Expect to be home around 7-8pm on Sunday evening.
And that's it! If you have any questions or concerns, please reply to this thread!

Last edited by Sleep on Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Final Confirmed Team Anthem Atlanta Kotei Pricing and Timing Info!!!!!!! (Updated 3/1/2012) Empty Re: Final Confirmed Team Anthem Atlanta Kotei Pricing and Timing Info!!!!!!! (Updated 3/1/2012)

Post  Pruto Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:29 pm

too much writing! save it for the autobiography =p

1) veto on applebees, its like the only sitdown place i dislike

2) how many beds are in this place? i thought 2 + couch?

3) as a token birthday gift I expect every team anthem member to forfeit to me if we get paired. k thx bai.
Pruto
Pruto
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Final Confirmed Team Anthem Atlanta Kotei Pricing and Timing Info!!!!!!! (Updated 3/1/2012) Empty Re: Final Confirmed Team Anthem Atlanta Kotei Pricing and Timing Info!!!!!!! (Updated 3/1/2012)

Post  Sleep Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Pruto wrote:too much writing! save it for the autobiography =p

3) as a token birthday gift I expect every team anthem member to forfeit to me if we get paired. k thx bai.

We usually veto applebees as well. But at 1am in atlanta, there's not too many places still open. Applebees is usually open til 3am though.

There are two double beds, a fold out bed in the couch, and the couch is also one of those "L" couches, and there's an ottoman that essentially becomes a 4th bed. Depending on how we do things, that would be 4 "comfortable" places to sleep, and then 2 people would be sleeping on the floor.

3) uhm... aboouuuuutt that.

But I will surrender my bid for a bed to you.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:07 pm

Sleep wrote:
Pruto wrote:too much writing! save it for the autobiography =p

We usually veto applebees as well. But at 1am in atlanta, there's not too many places still open. Applebees is usually open til 3am though.

There are two double beds, a fold out bed in the couch, and the couch is also one of those "L" couches, and there's an ottoman that essentially becomes a 4th bed. Depending on how we do things, that would be 4 "comfortable" places to sleep, and then 2 people would be sleeping on the floor.

3) uhm... aboouuuuutt that.

But I will surrender my bid for a bed to you.

All I ask is that I get a couch to sleep on, I slept on deh floor last season.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:45 pm

i thought sleep and anthony sharing a bed Final Confirmed Team Anthem Atlanta Kotei Pricing and Timing Info!!!!!!! (Updated 3/1/2012) 2171803359

but no i'm good, i'll be fine in my sleeping bag
Pruto
Pruto

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Thrak we need your location and phone info.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Daigotsu Thrakhath Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Link to the address is here. Basically you take exit 382, go west on Williston Rd, and turn left on SW 23rd terrace; my complex will be right there on the corner. My phone number is 352-562-6656. If you wanna just call when you're close I can be waiting outside.

Edit: Also sleeping on the floor doesn't bother me, I've done it many times. I do snore, however, hopefully it won't be an issue. :\
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Ambassador of the Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Daigotsu Thrakhath wrote:
I do snore, however, hopefully it won't be an issue. :\

uh, welcome to the club, it is a race to pass out first, or else you end up like me last year and get no sleep Sleep
Pruto
Pruto

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:09 pm

Pruto wrote:

uh, welcome to the club, it is a race to pass out first, or else you end up like me last year and get no sleep Sleep

I sleep like a log no matter what... unless someone needs to warn me of something... lol!
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Pruto wrote:

One more reason to stay up all day long and not drink lots of caffeine so that we can get back to the hotel friday night, play a game of apples 2 apples and then all zonk out.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Daigotsu Thrakhath Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Is there a "correct" way to proxy for an event like this?
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Daigotsu Thrakhath

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:31 pm

Daigotsu Thrakhath wrote:Is there a "correct" way to proxy for an event like this?

print out the card I believe
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Daigotsu Thrakhath Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:34 pm

Is there a certain kind of sleeve I can't use or anything like that? >.>
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Daigotsu Thrakhath

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Daigotsu Thrakhath wrote:Is there a certain kind of sleeve I can't use or anything like that? >.>

No clue, honestly I think this will cause a lot of trouble.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:38 pm

Daigotsu Thrakhath wrote:Is there a certain kind of sleeve I can't use or anything like that? >.>

Straight from the tourney organizer:

Event Format: Emperor Edition
constructed. Note that the "Kolat Edition" PDF proxies will still be
legal for this Kotei. If you are using proxy cards in the tournament
(especially if some of the cards in your deck are proxies and some are
not), make sure that your proxies are not marked (for example, don't use
clear sleeves and slips of paper loose in the sleeve).

so use single sided sleeves. If you need any, any one of us have a crap load.

more on proxies:
They do not need to be full color copies, so long as they are from the
KE PDF (it may be easier to print them out from l5rsearch, but for a big
tourney like this, requiring the formal Kolat Edition proxies with the
watermark should eliminate any issues about whether a card is printed
with the correct wording and/or was actually printed in EE at all).

Printing
out the proxie and putting it in an opaque sleeve with a real card is
probably the way to (I would be difficult to work with clear sleeves,
unless you carefully attached the proxie to the card). The printout
being slightly smaller should not be a problem. I'd probably try to
print it on the cheapest paper you've got around - normal paper is fine,
but if someone is printing their proxies on heavy duty posterboard,
then that could raise questions about whether this makes the cards feel
different such that they're marked. And just putting a slip of paper in
a sleeve without an actual L5R card in there would be a problem as
well.

link to ATL kotei thread
http://www.alderac.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=343&t=95569
Pruto
Pruto

Back to top Go down

Post  Daigotsu Thrakhath Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:10 am

hehe so no deck backers. Thanks for posting that. Smile
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Daigotsu Thrakhath

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:22 am

Daigotsu Thrakhath wrote:hehe so no deck backers. Thanks for posting that. Smile

honestly deck backers don't really work out, they're just too damn thick. I think almost everyone in the group has tried them at some point.
What AEG really need to do is to print sleeves, that would be hot, especially with good full bleed art. I bet most l5r players would go for something like that
Pruto
Pruto

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:24 am

Pruto wrote:
Daigotsu Thrakhath wrote:hehe so no deck backers. Thanks for posting that. Smile

honestly deck backers don't really work out, they're just too damn thick. I think almost everyone in the group has tried them at some point.
What AEG really need to do is to print sleeves, that would be hot, especially with good full bleed art. I bet most l5r players would go for something like that

bingo, sleeves would make this amazing.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:48 pm

updated with info about the hotel
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down