The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And Down goes ashigaru decks!!!!!

4 posters

Go down

And Down goes ashigaru decks!!!!! Empty And Down goes ashigaru decks!!!!!

Post  HidaDowling Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:55 pm

http://www.l5r.com/2014/02/21/well-defended-enough/

there goes anyone playing a ashigaru deck.
HidaDowling
HidaDowling
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

And Down goes ashigaru decks!!!!! Empty Re: And Down goes ashigaru decks!!!!!

Post  Gosh Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:53 pm

I do love the article title heh.
Gosh
Gosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:23 am

Still not a fan of the design choices...   I think both of the major ashigaru followers are incredibly gold efficient for what they do, and don't necessarily need well defended.   I also think that exotic farm-lands scoring 1 force followers, for 3 gold eachis not a powerful card, but that they came into play with somewhere between 2-4 force made it a blow your gold to win card.  While I agree the simple solution is to ban one or the other, I think that with a card like clan dojo in the environment, changing one would be far more efficient...   allowing for ashigaru to exist as a "Glue on" theme and still be in the environment.  Make the well defended just another copy of dojo that works on ashigaru, keep exotic as it is...   1 mrp, solves both problems.  But that is just me.

I think ceeding battle tempo for cheap followers that can buff up in battle as their the battle reaches its conclusion (actually why ashigaru were so important as their numbers usually ended the battle without superior tactics), is both flavorful and balanced, while intelligent players can deal with the problem, it's also a huge trade-off on gold like family dojo solving the overall problem.  As a player who bowed blessed herd for +1 to followers many a time, I disagree that dojo is a bad card... at 2g late game when it matters and gold is plentiful (turn that shit sideways). 

But just musing about design choices at this point...  by ashigaru :/ gone before you knew life...
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Back to top Go down

Post  panku Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:41 pm

Banning is always preferable to errata as it is much easier to keep track of.
panku
panku
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down