The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unicorn Previews are up

4 posters

Go down

Unicorn Previews are up Empty Unicorn Previews are up

Post  HidaDowling Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:58 pm

http://www.unicornclan.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=19

The Khan is a bad ass!!
HidaDowling
HidaDowling
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Unicorn Previews are up Empty Re: Unicorn Previews are up

Post  Sleep Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:34 pm

In general I like a lot of what I saw. The "choose all of my followers on two of my bowed personalities and move them onto my unbowed khan I just bought to defend with" action really strikes a timmy chord in me (just not sure if commanders has deckspace, especially since 10-15 of your slots are eaten up by attachments). The khan is nuckin futs. The commander who does a RA equal to your followers force is also stupidly good. I think that Unicormanders will be a perfectly powerful decklist in the TSE environment. It's success however will be determined by how it can handle dishonor, since the support that win condition has been getting is RETARDED.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Shoju Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:43 am

That Dog is ridiculous. Can you even play attachments in the new environment? I know wyrmbone and cursed are really good, but not so amazing they needed to print rukia and this guy.

This dog is gonna be whored out.

Shoju
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:36 pm

Lets put it this way... Kensai has won a ton of kotei's, yes its a powerful deck.

Honestly 1 unique and 1 non-unique personality (even an amazing one like rukia) will not break the environment. The honest truth shugenja are solid, they have a solid advantage, I would like to see a reaction based protection for them (spell). Plus they have several solid spells at an affordable level.

I think the biggest problem right now is that commander is supposed to be a true super unit... 1 guy leads an army, and that head has no protection. Compare that to kensai who have smaller super units but want to be able to have multiple bodies with 2 good weapons attached. Shugenja are all about versatility, with good battle actions, spells that still protect (they are attachments) from most actions, and versatility to be able to spend those spells in a surprising manner.

With the host of terrible followers... I don't see commanders becoming the "amazing" that kensai are right now... they are fun as hell to play, and are good, but with the recent increase in dishonor decks... you may not even be able to attach the followers you do need. Control hurts them a ton also... I don't think commanders will ever win against the kitsuke deck due to A: being dishonored (can't equip or transfer), B: bowed (can't assign or other forms of control), and when you do get to battle you die to a duel (no protection).

Both commander decks have this issue, less so with the spider but they don't have the cavalry advantage and roll over hard to dishonor. Just some things to think about.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down