The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corey's Dragon Deck

3 posters

Go down

Corey's Dragon Deck  Empty Corey's Dragon Deck

Post  togashi_naiteiru Tue May 05, 2015 11:55 pm

Legality: Legacy
1 The Fortified Monastery of the Dragon

# Dynasty (40)

# Personality (21)
2 Mirumoto Akifumi
2 Mirumoto Jaikei
3 Bayushi Akagi
3 Mirumoto Reiji
1 Mirumoto Shikei, the Laughing Dragon
3 Mirumoto Takanori
1 Mirumoto Tsuda, Emerald Champion
3 Mirumoto Yasushi
1 The Abbot

# Holding (18)
1 Counting House
3 Famous Bazaar
1 Forgotten Legacy
3 Gold Mine
3 Nexus of Lies
2 Shrine to Hachiman
3 Temple of the Heavenly Crab
2 The Ivory Courtroom

# Event (1)
1 The New Order

# Fate (43)

# Strategy (26)
2 Courage Beyond Question
2 Holding Cells
2 Pacify
2 Reprisal
2 Return to Your Feet
3 Rewards of Experience
2 Spirited Dispute
3 Standing Fast
2 The Turtle's Shell
1 Undone by the Enlightened
2 Your True Nature

# Ring (2)
1 Ring of Air
1 Ring of Earth

# Item (12)
1 Ancestral Armor of the Dragon Clan - exp
2 Demolisher
3 Fubatsu Blade
3 Iron Armor
3 Stockpiled Weapon
3 Tested Blade
2 Temple of Destiny

Last edited by togashi_naiteiru on Mon May 25, 2015 12:30 pm; edited 6 times in total
togashi_naiteiru
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

http://www.coreybeahon.com

Back to top Go down

Corey's Dragon Deck  Empty Re: Corey's Dragon Deck

Post  panku Wed May 06, 2015 7:35 pm

The strength of dragon not-dueling is that it can build super units and shut decks off with Standing/Rewards, and protect the super unit with air/earth. That said, you have too many dudes, especially cheap dudes. Drop Coastal, you don't have enough good personalities to run 46 cards. I'd try to stick to kensai, since it opens up a few good strats. Run expensive attachments and less of them, since you only need 1-2 super units. You are building a few HUGE super units. You don't need a ton of guys. 18-19 should be good imo. 18 holdings, that leaves 2-3 slots for events or temple of destiny's. 11-13 attachments, most of which are expensive, a few actions with gold cost to eat up your gold late game like Your True Nature and your set. Avoid Battles early, you will have a hand full of attachments and actions with gold costs. Its all about the late game.

Needs more of the following cards:

-Rewards of Experience: this and standing fast are the reason your not dueling, drop the Fear action.

-Iron Armor: amazing for this deck, against honor you can use the armor to stop the favor and earth stops everything else.

-Raiden-otsuchi: kills stuff and keeps your super unit in battle against military decks, especially helps vs unicorn.

more later, joining a game

Last edited by panku on Wed May 06, 2015 8:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
panku
panku
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Wed May 06, 2015 8:34 pm

good points. Who would you consider the best unit targets personality wise?
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo
Kenshinzen of The Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  panku Wed May 06, 2015 8:47 pm

More adds:

-Courage beyond Question: 2-3 copies, gives conq to keep your attachments straight and eliminates key force bonuses/penalties. Replace Breaking the Rhythm.

-Holdings Cells: 2-3 copies, gives you an answer for super unit shugs that get out of range of Standing/Rewards.

-Brazen Disregard: Better in this style of deck than movement since you have Air/Return to your Feet/Raiden/Earth/Iron Armor.

-Your True Nature: gets rid of key attachments and helps to ensure that you are bigger than them.

-Spirited dispute: gets back attachments and rehonors your guys. 1 copy since you NEVER want to draw more than 1 per game.

-Pacify: if you go the route of expensive +2chi weapons you can run this and shut down super units that rely on followers. maybe a  1-2 of if you decide to go that route.

-Bisento-do bows stuff and destroys attachments is pretty good.

-Step into the Fray- if you go the high chi route, it can give -4-7 force. not bad.

Last edited by panku on Wed May 06, 2015 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
panku
panku

Back to top Go down

Post  panku Wed May 06, 2015 8:54 pm

Edited my original post. Please read.
panku
panku

Back to top Go down

Post  panku Wed May 06, 2015 9:11 pm

Top Tier Personalities (guys that make the deck)
-3 Jesse: the #1 best guy in the deck. he is 15 gold and brings in weapons. amazing for standing fast.
-3 Reiki: 7g and cav. damn good
-3 yasushi: has 5 force or 5 chi for pacify, or as an out vs dueling. his 9g is a boon for this deck.
-1 Shikei: duh

Mid tier (decent dudes or have good utility)
-tsukazu: fully armed he has a decent action.
-takanori: he has an action
-gozato: versatile, high chi for pacify or an out vs dueling.
-Akifumi: utility, good cause he can keep your super unit straight, you will almost never make him a tower. 
-saiko: utility, kills stuff, too low on force to be a tower.
panku
panku

Back to top Go down

Post  panku Thu May 07, 2015 12:36 am

Drop the soheis onos, they don't give enough force. Same with Bisento. 3f minimum imo. Fubatsu is good, as is raiden and demolisher. I wouldn't rn more than 12-13 atachments.
panku
panku

Back to top Go down

Post  togashi_naiteiru Thu May 07, 2015 1:02 am

panku wrote:Drop the soheis onos, they don't give enough force. Same with Bisento. 3f minimum imo. Fubatsu is good, as is raiden and demolisher. I wouldn't rn more than 12-13 atachments.
done.

I have 3 cards to go.

Ok here are some thoughts of mine.

4 of the weapons are now armor, and 3 more are Demolishers. That means of my 13 items, 8 only are weapons. I have 3 cards to go, and I am wondering if In Stillness Forge the Soul should go. It reacts off of Weapons, but its massive fate manipulation, allowing me to pull cards up that I need over ones I do not need for match ups. Also it allows me to draft weapons when I need them to attack if they are needed.

I need to test my current item build right now. I have 13, I could drop to 12 but it would need to be an armor to go. With that in mind maybe a Demolisher and Return to Your Feet Go. I loose straightening of a guy and weapon if he is Kensai (but there is no guarantee I have a weapon now).

Jesse/Jaikei reacts well with Stock Piled Weapons, should those be added back in? Or just prep my hand with the concept of his use? Also now with my item build, his usefulness has vastly diminished. He reacts with only 8 items when he comes in. None of which search for other items. This makes him good with the +15 gold... but if he attaches nothing its just 15 gold for 3 force.

To play with Iron Armor pretending to be The Turtle's Shell seems dicey. Also if I keep The Turtle's Shell, should I drop it for Defensive Technique. It means bowing a weapon to save me (but I also have a lot of weapon unbow currently in it), but it saves the big unity from destruction, and in games where no range attacks live it turns form a dead card into a useful +2 force.

Reprisal? It's a force buff and its regaining tempo or threaten tempo retake. But I need room.

Maybe Your True Nature? I can destroy key cards, but the deck is very expensive as is.

I have given Standing Fast and Rewards of Experience the 3 card go ahead since they are mandatory to victories. Standing Fast is a good card, but I am not sure if it is good enough. Maybe I should play test 3 cards up. When I start I will be at 42 (if I cut two cards, I start at 40 when I remove a Ring, but slimming down my fate side by a single card gives me a huge edge). But that seems very sluggish and I need those nitch cards.

Thoughts?
togashi_naiteiru
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

http://www.coreybeahon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  panku Thu May 07, 2015 6:18 am

The weapon trait only matter for jesse, if you have mulriple attachments in hand play non-weapons first so that you can save the weapons for jesse's invest. Otherwise the weapon trait is a liability to the deck. You want diffrent subtypes so you can stack the items onto 1 guy to create a tower. Jesse is still good as the threat of reserve + weapon will keep people from defending or is extra insurance if they do.

Keep your true nature, it'll destroy cheap spells early or key followers late game.

I'd drop in stillness.

Iron armor is insurance for your tower. You still nees turtles for your other guys.

When you bow 2 UNITS with standing you will understand why its so good.
panku
panku

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Thu May 07, 2015 9:39 am

don't forget jesse bows shugenjas when he reserves in and then grabs a weapon and standing fast the last two guys
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo
Kenshinzen of The Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down