The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to win at the New Mexico Kotei

+6
valentine
Justin
Pruto
Velo75
Kakita Hideo
Sleep
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How to win at the New Mexico Kotei - Page 2 Empty Re: How to win at the New Mexico Kotei

Post  Velo75 Thu May 05, 2011 7:55 pm

Sleep wrote:Evan, you have probably tested against this deck at least a little during your kotei preps. What aspects of the deck does Central Castle Lion hate the most? Don't worry, I'm not trying to one-up you at South Carolina, I probably wont be playing scouts there. But for NM, I know that there will be lots of big name Lion players (and Douglas Dee plays lion sometimes too I methinks), so having an idea for what to prepare for the lion matchup would help. Concentrated fire is a no-brainer vs Kasei/igawa, and raemon doesn't scare me much due to my abundance of followers. *shrug* Our local playgroup is sorely missing a consistent Lion player and I always feel at a loss playing against that deck.

Oh, I would tell you even if you were planning on using it in SC...being humorless and overly competitive in a magical samurai is dumb.

If you take a look at my deck you'll notice a reliance on bow, ranged attacks, and attachment-less destruction for threat removal. Crab is naturally resistant to both bow and ranged attacks, and even a few tsi blades can totally cramp my style. Free followers ala toshio (and soon, KHida XP) cramp it even more, but again I am not personally a fan of scouts in general before the new set. I havent tested against them a ton, but I did play a scout deck in Atlanta. He ran out of cards and ended up being bullied around by kasei...concentrated fire and hunting hit the board but it wasnt enough to go over the hump, in the personality battle between crab scouts and lion its not pretty for the crab side. He even got kuon out but it didnt end up helping him.

Robyn did much better against me and was closwe to winning with his more standard crab build. Do with that what you will, and take a look at my and trevor's deck because wise or not people will net them.
Velo75
Velo75
Hero of the Forgotten Bay
Hero of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

How to win at the New Mexico Kotei - Page 2 Empty Re: How to win at the New Mexico Kotei

Post  Pruto Fri May 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Sleep wrote:so having an idea for what to prepare for the lion matchup would help. Concentrated fire is a no-brainer vs Kasei/igawa, and raemon doesn't scare me much due to my abundance of followers. *shrug* Our local playgroup is sorely missing a consistent Lion player and I always feel at a loss playing against that deck.

sorry about not being there for you to beat on, where is Jimmy?
Pruto
Pruto
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  valentine Mon May 16, 2011 3:41 am

Were you happy with the deck? This is where I usually see the wheels that weren't turning in my deck and do an overhaul that makes it mo'betta. With enough force a square peg can fit in a round hole Laughing
valentine
valentine
Forgotten Bay Bushi
Forgotten Bay Bushi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Mon May 16, 2011 6:10 am

Yes, the deck performed very well. I got lucky and played 3 control players and two phoenix military which this deck eats up. I was a die roll from being in the top 8 which is the closest I've ever been. That being said, I don't think the deck is "for me" and probably wont be running it in South Carolina this weekend. But we'll see.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2