The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleep's "Yes, it's a Rae Sensei deck" Rae Sensei Strict Deck

3 posters

Go down

Sleep's "Yes, it's a Rae Sensei deck" Rae Sensei Strict Deck Empty Sleep's "Yes, it's a Rae Sensei deck" Rae Sensei Strict Deck

Post  Sleep Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:43 pm

# Pre-Game (1)

# Stronghold (1)
1 The Eternal Temple of the Phoenix (1)

# Dynasty (40)

# Events (2)
2 Glimpse of the Unicorn

# Holdings (18)
3 Contemplative Shrine
3 Expansive Range
1 Hotei's Smile
3 Silver Mine
3 Jade Works
3 House of Floating Petals
2 Rich Vein

# Personalities (20)
2 Shiba Kakei
2 Shiba Yinfuo
3 Shiba Eraki
3 Shiba Koshiba
2 Isawa Genma
3 Shiba Yuuchi
2 Shiba Tsukimi, the Blind Phoenix
3 Komori Taruko

# Fate (40)

# Items (Cool
3 Exquisite Nagamaki of the Fox Clan
3 Saikatsu
2 Bo of Ritual Blessings

# Rings (1)
1 Ring of Earth

# Spells (9)
3 Burning Spirit
3 Final Ruin
3 Bushido's Scourge

# Strategy (22)
3 Bonds of Service
2 Iron and Stone
2 No One of Consequence
3 Stay Behind Me
3 The Greater Threat
3 Sneak Attack
3 Jade Ascension
3 Back to the Front

# Senseis (1)
1 Rae Sensei
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Sleep's "Yes, it's a Rae Sensei deck" Rae Sensei Strict Deck Empty Re: Sleep's "Yes, it's a Rae Sensei deck" Rae Sensei Strict Deck

Post  panku Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:45 am

Why 3 house of floating petals but only 2 rich veins? Is there some secrey tech with petals that im not seeing? Either way 18 holdings seems a bit excesive if your running all 343s. 15 should be plenty or you could run 15 and blessings.

No final sarafice or inspired devotion?
panku
panku
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Sleep's "Yes, it's a Rae Sensei deck" Rae Sensei Strict Deck Empty Re: Sleep's "Yes, it's a Rae Sensei deck" Rae Sensei Strict Deck

Post  Sleep Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:27 am

panku wrote:Why 3 house of floating petals but only 2 rich veins? Is there some secrey tech with petals that im not seeing?

Lol good point. No, there isn't any secret tech. That's why I wanted to post the list, so that things like this can get caught. I play the rich vein just because it's another 343, with the whole "finding another mine" just a bonus. That being said, I'm an idiot for not dropping one of the blank 343s for a third rich vein.

Either way 18 holdings seems a bit excesive if your running all 343s. 15 should be plenty or you could run 15 and blessings.

18 has just felt right for consistency, but blessing may fill the gap. Do we have enough of The Blessing to fit in my deck? If so I'll playtest it over jade works.

No final sarafice or inspired devotion?

Both were in the list at one point. Inspired devotion is cute, and gives a bonus of +4f if I have Taruko out, and +5f if I have tsukimi out with a spell on her... but the deck is already starved for proactive battle actions as it is. Iron and Stone has been playing like a "better" final sacrifice (because it just bows the other guy, instead of him eating a kill action) but of course it is more limited in scope. And I know that it sounds weird, but this deck plays an attrition playstyle, and the extra force from inspired devotion was often either not enough, or overkill. That being said, both cards are "on the bubble" and as the deck evolves over the next month they may be back in.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  panku Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:18 pm

We have plenty of blessings, like at least 3 play sets.
panku
panku

Back to top Go down

Post  panku Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:25 pm

Have you considered strength of the 5th ring or warf of air?

Have you looked at Isawa tenkawa, 5 chi and negation. A auto include imo.
panku
panku

Back to top Go down

Post  HidaDowling Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:33 pm

Yeah the love letter guy is awesome.
HidaDowling
HidaDowling
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  panku Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:23 am

Also, I'd run fire kami's greed over bushido's scourge.
panku
panku

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:52 am

panku wrote:Also, I'd run fire kami's greed over bushido's scourge.

After playtesting today, I agree.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:53 am

panku wrote:Have you considered strength of the 5th ring or warf of air?

Have you looked at Isawa tenkawa, 5 chi and negation. A auto include imo.

The negation is open, which is decent but still, it requires me to be a sort of mind reader. The 5 chi for 5 gold is fucking great though, and he may go in over genma.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down