The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raido No Oni Errata

+2
Moto Damasko
Sleep
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Raido No Oni Errata - Page 2 Empty Re: Raido No Oni Errata

Post  Hida Hayabusa Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Of course he is not overpowered, I am just saying that he is very strong, like Unicorns have been for years. Chagatron era, let's say afro

Also, Death Priests have a similar deck, but certainly not THAT good. It's because they don't run first against everyone but Lions, and also their box isn't helping them a lot with costs. Plus, I don't see any Unicorn running Scourge of the Sea, so this may say something about how good they thing the snake is. Now if their box allowed them to pay 4 for a follower, and a ruling to say that if you can attach followers as battle actions and follow on with using an action on them, then maybe they would build a deck.

Kojiro+Spell on the other hand is everywhere. So, this is why I don't get the comparison.

Hida Hayabusa
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:21 pm

Hida Hayabusa wrote:Of course he is not overpowered, I am just saying that he is very strong, like Unicorns have been for years. Chagatron era, let's say afro

Also, Death Priests have a similar deck, but certainly not THAT good. It's because they don't run first against everyone but Lions, and also their box isn't helping them a lot with costs. Plus, I don't see any Unicorn running Scourge of the Sea, so this may say something about how good they thing the snake is. Now if their box allowed them to pay 4 for a follower, and a ruling to say that if you can attach followers as battle actions and follow on with using an action on them, then maybe they would build a deck.

Kojiro+Spell on the other hand is everywhere. So, this is why I don't get the comparison.

Keep in mind again that the phoenix box only helps with the cost during battle. The chances of seeing Kojiro, a Tsunami in hand, AND glory of the shogun by turn 3 and 4 (the two turns that cavalry matters) are incredibly slim. So you have to assume that you are paying full for that spell.

The naval aspect of the the personality also ONLY works if Kojiro already has a spell attached as well, so that means you can't swing with a naked Kojiro then naval attach Tsunami and use it. So that means, a LARGE part of the time, you will have to attach the spell during your limited phase, for full cost.

For my money, I'd rather run a personality at that cost point that actually had actions in addition to a spell that had actions. But that's me. Agree to disagree mate!
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Hida Hayabusa Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Definitely. I am just stating what I see.

People attach Kami's Blessing,Scouring flood or Bo of Water to him, and there you go. You got your naval boy and a functional stronghold early on. Personally I've never played against a Phoenix that didn't go :

Kojiro turn 2.
Turn 3 attach a random spell (that could be anything, really). Declare attack...and so on. Chances are that in a deck filled with spells, and only channeling+Tsunami being expensive you will be able to get a cheap spell going for enabling box+Naval in the first encounter if need be. Plus, some even go on and attach Tsunami for full if money are good (which is certainly acceptable).

Another reason why Broken Alliance and Effortless Counterattacks are good Smile . Oh wait, that's in another discussion.

Hida Hayabusa
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:32 pm

And speaking of another discussion, isn't this one about Raido no Oni ( a.k.a. Dario no Oni)?
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo
Kenshinzen of The Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Umiushi Han-Dei Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:37 pm

You would think that from the name, but you would be wrong.

Also, of the three of those only Kami's Blessing guarantees a province against most of the field without an additional card being put into the mix.
Umiushi Han-Dei
Umiushi Han-Dei
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:25 am

Umiushi Han-Dei wrote:
Also, of the three of those only Kami's Blessing guarantees a province against most of the field without an additional card being put into the mix.

Huh? 10f, 11f, and 12f?

Currently, all but 4 strongholds are at 7 or lower province strength. The other four are Kyuden Hida xp (eight), The Crab Zerker Box (eight), Carpenter Castle (9), and scorpion ninja (effectively 9 if you have a ninja in play). 10, 11, and 12 are all higher than 7, 8, and 9.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Umiushi Han-Dei Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:25 am

I was misremembering his base force. However, even with that it will take more than the +2 force offered by the ones Hayabusa mentioned in the first paragraph of his last post, Scouring Flood or Bo of Water, to get him into reliable province taking strength. He needs at least the bonus of a Katana of Fire (8F total) to get there. I am, of course, ignoring the get anyone to take a province bonuses of Channeling the Fallen and Strength of the Tsunami which put him at 10F and 11F respectively.
Umiushi Han-Dei
Umiushi Han-Dei
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2