The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleep's Decks - "No Homes, Defending is for Pussies" Lion

Go down

Sleep's Decks - "No Homes, Defending is for Pussies" Lion Empty Sleep's Decks - "No Homes, Defending is for Pussies" Lion

Post  Sleep Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:25 pm

1 The Honorable Garrison of the Lion (2)

1 The Honorable Garrison of the Lion (1)

# Dynasty (40)

# Events (4)
1 An End to Hostilities
1 Frost Dragon Festival
1 Inari's Festival
1 Into the Wastes

# Holdings (12)
3 Famous Bazaar
3 Suana Dojo
3 Traveling Market
3 Copper Mine

# Personalities (24)
3 Matsu Tayuko
3 Ikoma Takakura
3 Matsu Agai
3 Ikoma Ichimoko
3 Ikoma Jeiku
3 Ikoma Yoshimoko
1 Akodo Uehara - exp
3 Ikoma Ayumi
2 Matsu Morito

# Fate (41)

# Strategies (39)
3 Steal an Advantage
3 Fearful Volley
3 Advance Warning
3 The Turtle's Shell
3 Unholy Strike
2 The Crystal Tears
2 Lakeside Retreat
3 Contentious Terrain
3 Fires of Turmoil
2 Versatile Army
3 Incapacitated
3 Back to the Front
3 Expensive Achievement
3 Insight

# Rings (1)
1 Ring of Air

# Senseis (1)
1 Satoru Sensei

-----
Sleep's Decks - "No Homes, Defending is for Pussies" Lion Key-And-Peele1-228x128
Theme:  A pretty standard Lion "40 red card" deck.  I basically sat down and made every possible tempo gaining decision I could.  This deck is far from playtested (only played 2 games so far) but both games have felt VERY good.  The idea is to swarm the board with bodies (every single gold spent should be on a body) and then prevail with printed battle actions supplemented by hand support. 

What's so special?:  The dudes are cheap.  You actually get quite a bit of mileage out of reserving dudes out of your provinces, and always having a hand full of actions feels like christmas.  The event selection helps you maintain your advantage by increasing your gold production, limiting theirs, and ensuring that you are drawing extra cards (since almost every other deck is running methods of card draw, "An End to Hostilities" usually just means you draw 2.)

How does it win?:  You swing 3 bodies on turn 4, 5-6 on turn 5, 7-9 on turn 6, etc.

When does it lose?:  Like all tempo decks, it loses if if loses an early battle.  An opponent actually defending against it early with a loaded hand of negation will squash this deck.  Barring that though, with the changes to dishonor, I don't see the deck having any trouble vs honor or dishonor.  It's toughest matchups are efficient military clans.  Crab Scouts will shoot down so many lion in this deck.  Crying or Very sad
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down