The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Anthem Atlanta Kotei info!!!

+2
Moto Damasko
Sleep
6 posters

Go down

Team Anthem Atlanta Kotei info!!! Empty Team Anthem Atlanta Kotei info!!!

Post  Sleep Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:39 pm

Reposting this... so far I only have Anthony and Paul as confirmed as going. If you are planning on coming, please let me know by Wednesday Night, because that's when I'm reserving the Hotel Room.

~~~
For everyone who is making the trip to ATL, I've been looking at hotel prices but I need to know for SURE who is coming, and what kind of budget we are looking at.

If we have 4 people, then we will take one car and stay in one room. The room I was looking at was a Hyatt, same type as what we stayed in SC (with the huge tv, couch, and "room seperator"). That would run us $190 over two nights, but all 4 of us would sleep well (because of the couch). Between 4 people, that would come out to $47.50 a person for the hotel, which is $23 a night.

I can get something cheaper of course, but then we run into much worse quality hotels (smells... thin walls so no playtesting, and most importantly people would have to sleep on the floor.). The cheapest hotel that would fit our needs that I saw was would be 100$ over the two nights, but only 2 double beds and the reviews are terrible. Between 4 people that would be $25 (or $12.50 a night).

Now, of course, if more people come, then the hotel prices go down, but then we would have to take another car.

For my car, I get 21mpg. From my house to the shop is 467miles. So both ways it comes out to 934 miles. Split 4 ways, that means everyone would be responsible for 233 miles of gas. With my car, it will take 11 gallons of gas to cover 233 miles. Gas right now is floating between 3.60 and 3.65. Lets say 3.60. $3.60 x 11 gallons = 39.60 a head in gas money.

So, if you want even numbers of how much cash we are looking at, assuming four people go:

The "Better Room" Deal: $48 hotel + $40 gas + $30 Kotei Registration = $118 for 2 nights of fun in atlanta. THIS IS NOT INCLUDING FOOD.

The "Shitty Room" Deal: $25 hotel + $40 gas + $30 Kotei Registration = $95 for 2 nights of grueling sleeping on the floor with cockroaches in atlanta. THIS IS NOT INCLUDING FOOD. UNLESS YOU EAT THE COCKROACHES.

Now, if we DO end up taking another car, depending on the gas mileage of that car and how many extra people go, expect the gas price to go up by 1/3rd to 2/3rd of what it is right now. I need peoples thoughts now before these prices get any higher. So the sooner you can commit the better please.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Team Anthem Atlanta Kotei info!!! Empty Re: Team Anthem Atlanta Kotei info!!!

Post  Moto Damasko Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:07 pm

I will be committing to go on the dates posted. I would be willing to drive unless someone else wants to commit their car.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:49 am

Alright, I've got Anthony, Paul, Patrick, and I confirmed so far.

~~

As far as which "package" everyone wants...

Anthony and I want package one.

Nobody so far has said that they "want" package two.

Paul doesn't care where we stay.

Patrick didn't say which one he preferred.

~~

As far as driving goes, I will be driving the loveboat.

Patrick has offered to drive his car if we get more than 4 people.

Currently we have 4 people and would not need the 2nd car. If we go above 4 people (which is likely, I know corey is really planning on going, I just haven't gotten a solid confirmation from him yet, and possibly chris) then the price of the hotel would go down, while the price of gas would go up. Regardless, amount payed should still be within $10-20 of what it is currently.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  togashi_naiteiru Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:51 am

I still remain committed. The "Better Room" Deal: $48 hotel + $40 gas + $30 Kotei Registration = $118 for 2 nights of fun in atlanta.

It is best we go in one car then, since there will only be four of us. The added car would only increase the Price dramatically.

Corey
togashi_naiteiru
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

http://www.coreybeahon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  togashi_naiteiru Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:56 am

togashi_naiteiru wrote:I still remain committed. The "Better Room" Deal: $48 hotel + $40 gas + $30 Kotei Registration = $118 for 2 nights of fun in atlanta.

It is best we go in one car then, since there will only be four of us. The added car would only increase the Price dramatically.

Corey

Looks like Patrick and Corey will be driving. What does the gas Price look like on your end Patrick? That way we can see if Chris can come?
togashi_naiteiru
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:14 am

togashi_naiteiru wrote:
togashi_naiteiru wrote:I still remain committed. The "Better Room" Deal: $48 hotel + $40 gas + $30 Kotei Registration = $118 for 2 nights of fun in atlanta.

Corey

Looks like Patrick and Corey will be driving. What does the gas Price look like on your end Patrick? That way we can see if Chris can come?

Thanks for confirming Corey! That does put us at 5 people though.

Now, if nobody else is coming... we have choices to make. Patricks car probably gets roughly the same MPG as I do (at best 25ish) so lets say we took two cars.

934 miles at 25mpg would be 37.36 gallons, which at $3.60 a gallon would be $134.49. For patricks car.

934 miles at 21mpg would be 44.47 gallons, which at $3.60 a gallon would be $160.11. For my car.

Total gas price between the two cars then would be roughly $294. Just to make it easy (and since there will be slightly more driving than just to-and-from atlanta... $300. Between five people, that is 60$ a head in gas, which increases the price of each "package" by essentially $20. If 6 people come, then the price of gas would be $50 a head, which would increase the price of each package by essentially $10.

Now, package one for 5 people the hotel would be $38 over the two nights, which is $19 dollars a night. Package one for 6 people the hotel would be $31 dollars for the two nights, which comes out to $15.50 per night. With 6 people though, that means that two people would definitely be sleeping on the ground. That being said, the hotel room is definitely big enough for it, this room is NICE (ask anyone who went to SC last year).

SO!

For 5 people: $38 hotel, $60 gas, $30 kotei registration = $128 for two nights of fun in Atlanta.

For 6 people: $31 hotel, $50 gas, $30 kotei registration = $111 for two nights of fun in Atlanta. (this one actually comes out to be cheaper than the original "package one" per person).

Now, if only 5 people come, we ALSO have the option (if it's worth the money to you) to cram all 5 of us into one car. This is going to be 8 hours of driving both ways (16 total hours) in a car packed with man meat. That being said, it's the SUPER SAVER option because gas split between 5 people for just my car would be $32 a head. That would make...

For 5 people: $38 hotel, $32 gas, $30 kotei registration = $100 for two nights of fun (and 2 car rides of hell) in Atlanta. A savings of almost $30! So, is $30 worth 16 hours of enjoyment in a car with your friends?

Just a thought. I need responses from people! LETS GET THIS SORTED OUT FOLKS!
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:34 am

Are any of the gainsville people driving up? we can possibly coordinate with other locals to keep the costs down.

If anyone is thinking about it and never have gone on one of these Kotei road trips, they are amazing. A great experience and loads of fun whether you win it or go 1-6 in the tourney. Good fun with great people.

p.s. if you're not going solely because of fears of being too new or not competative, don't let that be a reason to stop you. 2 years ago I got back into the game 2 weeks before a Kotei, anthony threw me a deck and I had a blast. Played like a noob but that experience definately had me re-hooked into l5r.

Last edited by Pruto on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Pruto
Pruto
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:36 am

Pruto wrote:Are any of the gainsville people driving up? we can possibly coordinate with other locals to keep the costs down.

If anyone is thinking about it and never have gone on one of these Kotei road trips, they are amazing. A great experience and loads of fun whether you win it or go 1-6 in the tourney. Good fun with great people.

Couldn't agree more! That being said, we talked to Thrakhath at the Sealed in Sarasota and he said that they probably weren't going to make ATL, but definitely would be at Orlando. That being said, there's a difference between riding out solo and paying for everything, and riding with a large group, which does keep costs down. I know he was playtesting with us last week on thursday, so who knows?
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Daigotsu Thrakhath Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:21 am

Oh I would love to go, but I don't have a car and no one here is willing to make the trip. Razz
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Ambassador of the Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:31 pm

Daigotsu Thrakhath wrote:Oh I would love to go, but I don't have a car and no one here is willing to make the trip. Razz

Gainsville is on the way to ATL from Tampa... just saying. I would suggest you get with Corey if you're really interested but i can't volunteer cause i'm just along for the ride lol
Pruto
Pruto

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:29 pm

For the record, I want corey's package.
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo
Kenshinzen of The Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:37 pm

Kakita Hideo wrote:For the record, I want corey's package.

for the record, i want not to be assigned in Corey and Anthony's love room.
Pruto
Pruto

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:52 pm

I'm for the more expensive package. I would be willing to pick up thrakhath since gainesville is on the way.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:31 pm

btw not sure if this has been discussed with those in the "know", but what time we taking off friday?
Pruto
Pruto

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:48 pm

Pruto wrote:btw not sure if this has been discussed with those in the "know", but what time we taking off friday?

I'm working over-time the week before and after to make up my 8 hours. I am getting a chicken biscuit friday morning then we are meeting at the shop I believe. Mmm Chicken biscuit...
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Moto Damasko wrote:
Pruto wrote:btw not sure if this has been discussed with those in the "know", but what time we taking off friday?

I'm working over-time the week before and after to make up my 8 hours. I am getting a chicken biscuit friday morning then we are meeting at the shop I believe. Mmm Chicken biscuit...

isn't this week the week before? where is my chicken biscuit?
Pruto
Pruto

Back to top Go down

Post  Moto Damasko Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Pruto wrote:
Moto Damasko wrote:

isn't this week the week before? where is my chicken biscuit?

I mean the week of... 2 week pay period.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko

Back to top Go down

Post  togashi_naiteiru Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Ya, I just worked the weekend through to make sure I could be present. So I am excited!
togashi_naiteiru
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down