The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

crane good stuff military/honor switch

3 posters

Go down

crane good stuff military/honor switch Empty crane good stuff military/honor switch

Post  Kakita Hideo Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:02 pm

1 The Exquisite Palace of the Crane (1)
1 The Exquisite Palace of the Crane (2)

# Dynasty (40)

# personality (22)
2 Daidoji Gensai
1 Daidoji Tametaka - exp
1 Daidoji Tametaka - exp2
3 Doji Etsuki
1 Doji Hakuseki - exp3
1 Doji Hoturi - inexp
2 Doji Razan
2 Doji Soeka
1 Kakita Hideo, the Fallen Keeper - exp2
3 Kakita Ibara
1 Kakita Ichigiku - exp
3 Kakita Ujirou
1 Suzume Shindo, the Final Blade

# holding (17)
1 Counting House
3 Jade Pearl Inn
3 Marketplace
3 Productive Mine
3 Small-Time Bully
2 Vengeful Populace
2 Yukihime's Hot Springs

# event (1)
1 Dark Audience

# Fate (40)

# strategy (29)
1 A Game of Dice
3 Coward!
1 Creating Order
3 Entrenched Position
2 Fall Back!
2 For the Fallen
3 Iaijutsu Dojo
3 Sudden Movement
3 The Tale of the Disgraced
2 The Turtle's Shell
3 Unpleasant Truths
3 Weakness Exposed

# sensei (1)
1 Akagi Sensei

# ring (2)
1 Ring of Air
1 Ring of Earth

# item (6)
3 Haramaki-do
3 Justice of the Crane

# follower (3)
3 Bounty Hunter

FV =  3.3
Possibility of X holdings turn 1
1 = 90.3%
2 = 57.4%
3 = 19.7%
4 = 2.6%

Last edited by Kakita Hideo on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo
Kenshinzen of The Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

crane good stuff military/honor switch Empty Re: crane good stuff military/honor switch

Post  panku Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:50 am

I'd drop a hot spring for a deep harbor or brilliant cascade.
I'm not a fan of vengeful populace, it always seems dead in the games I've played against it, I'd drop them for bamboo and tengen.
How do you think the deck will do vs honor? I think you'd be better served using the event slot on honor meta.
panku
panku
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

crane good stuff military/honor switch Empty Re: crane good stuff military/honor switch

Post  Sleep Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:13 am

panku wrote:I'd drop a hot spring for a deep harbor or brilliant cascade.
I'm not a fan of vengeful populace, it always seems dead in the games I've played against it, I'd drop them for bamboo and tengen.
How do you think the deck will do vs honor? I think you'd be better served using the event slot on honor meta.
It goes first vs honor half the time, which gives it the "lion advantage".  It has a lot of dishonor effects already.  The hot springs are used on the opponents honor gaining holdings (as well as being amazing vs other military decks that run utility holdings like family dojo for ashigaru, vengeful populace, BHexp/Tengen, Heavy Infantry Dojo, etc).  On top of all that, this deck duels and runs duelists.  Granted, the dedicated honor dueling deck will have slightly higher average focus value, but not by much and it's close enough that they can't just spam duels against this.

I think this deck is fine against honor in its current incarnation.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:33 am

Brilliant cascade inn is harder to use in the straight honor matchup due to my dishonor being mostly battle related. I will continue to test the honor matchup. Vengeful populace isn't good against you becauseyou run heavy attachment decks but against Lion (non-ashigaru version), Mantis, Dragon, and Scorpion I don't see them having heavy attachment builds. Yukihime is a tool that helps vs honor holdings and family dojo while also having teeth against a majority of other decks in the format. If I continue to adjust the holding bas I could see tool-boxing the holdings but being able to turn off family dojo in what i believe is gong to be a prevalent ashigaru decks seem like a way to combat that deck style. The biggest cuts recently was Doji Makoto for Daidoji Tametaka xp2 as a more relevant and 5f body. Makoto always felt to expensive in this deck and I believe his niche (high chi is filled my hakuseki and Hoturi. Dropping Uncovering the Culprit was a playtesting choice as it was my least favorite card in hand and to test out if For the Fallen or if I should just increase my 2s to 3s. Just closing in on those last spots. Temple of Tengen is definitely a consideration as well. Bamboo Harvester was dropped to make room for Jade Pearl Inn suite.
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo

Back to top Go down

Post  panku Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:33 pm

The avg deck probably runs 10-12 attachments, I just don't see vengeful being worth the slot. If it bowed a card without attachments it would be fine.

I'm suggesting that you drop 1, not both hot springs since you can tutor for whatever you need anyways.
panku
panku

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:05 pm

I could test play with dropping the vengefuls to see if i miss them but I do think they have their value. might go with 2-Yukihime, 1 Brilliant cascade inn and then add temple to Tengen. Im up for testing anything. Im overall happy with the deck and happy with the environment. we need to get something Mantis proxied up to test on monday.
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo

Back to top Go down

Post  panku Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:45 pm

I'm not too worried about mantis, its pheonix shug military and crane honor we really need to test.
panku
panku

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:25 pm

ill see if i can iron out a list for crane honor this weekend.
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down