The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon sensei is broken! (FB preview)

+2
Gosh
Pruto
6 posters

Go down

Dragon sensei is broken! (FB preview) Empty Dragon sensei is broken! (FB preview)

Post  Pruto Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:07 pm

Dragon sensei is broken! (FB preview) 318099_10150783958056113_29485536112_12043863_325534771_n

so much for sensei's having no useful keywords... 5 Chi and a trait that just begs to be abused over and over again. Wait, duelists don't focus first anymore... hmm... this card will still be abused, just have to figure out how...
Pruto
Pruto
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Dragon sensei is broken! (FB preview) Empty Re: Dragon sensei is broken! (FB preview)

Post  Gosh Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:48 pm

5C Duelist is neat, but it's effectively singular and blank since you can force someone to accept a duel but you can't force him to focus. As with every Sensei so far, I'm unimpressed.
Gosh
Gosh

Back to top Go down

Dragon sensei is broken! (FB preview) Empty Re: Dragon sensei is broken! (FB preview)

Post  Moto Damasko Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:25 am

Gosh wrote:5C Duelist is neat, but it's effectively singular and blank since you can force someone to accept a duel but you can't force him to focus. As with every Sensei so far, I'm unimpressed.

This... he's solid, effectively a unique.
Moto Damasko
Moto Damasko
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk
Enlightened Forgotten Bay Monk

Back to top Go down

Post  togashi_naiteiru Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:52 am

Gosh wrote:5C Duelist is neat, but it's effectively singular and blank since you can force someone to accept a duel but you can't force him to focus. As with every Sensei so far, I'm unimpressed.

Very true... but sometimes people do focus, of some unknown reason. Now if you do, you punish them.
togashi_naiteiru
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

http://www.coreybeahon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Daigotsu Thrakhath Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:44 am

Sometimes I focus my clan virtue if I don't want my dude to die just yet, but that's me. Razz
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Ambassador of the Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post  togashi_naiteiru Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:06 am

See perfect example! And I will just gain 2 honor or something.
togashi_naiteiru
togashi_naiteiru
Ambassador of the Dragon

http://www.coreybeahon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:07 am

well, one reason to focus was the mill strategy. since there aren't that many good focus effects yet (2 that gains 2 honor, 1 that destroys attachment in battle, dragon one that raises ps). If you're a military deck, trading fate decks (mostly military cards) for a dueling deck's fate deck may have been a potiential strategy. If you focus 4 times each duel you limit the dueling deck to effectively only 7 duels in a game.

anyway, moot point now
Pruto
Pruto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:33 am

Also, keep in mind that for the trait to kick in, this sensei has to be in play. If this sensei is in play, people will take that into account before focusing.

I personally think he's pretty bad, because he only really fits in their honor deck, but their honor deck needs dudes with high personal honor (of which he has 2) and relevant actions that actually progress your win condition (which he has 0). Once he hits the table, your opponent will never focus unless they have the clan virtue in their hand AND you don't have a broken focus-effect action in your discard pile. And honestly, that's pretty much the same situation someone would focus WITHOUT him in play... so he's essentially blank.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down