The Forgotten Bay Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forgotten Bay Charity Tournament (Columbus Day Weekend)

+13
Bayushi Yoshiro
panku
Hida Fat
Daigotsu Thrakhath
Akodo Tealzooka
fierceguardian
Velo75
Gosh
Sleep
valentine
Moto Damasko
Pruto
Kakita Hideo
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What should be the format?

The Forgotten Bay Charity Tournament  (Columbus Day Weekend)  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap54%The Forgotten Bay Charity Tournament  (Columbus Day Weekend)  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 54% 
[ 7 ]
The Forgotten Bay Charity Tournament  (Columbus Day Weekend)  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap46%The Forgotten Bay Charity Tournament  (Columbus Day Weekend)  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 46% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 13

The Forgotten Bay Charity Tournament  (Columbus Day Weekend)  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Forgotten Bay Charity Tournament (Columbus Day Weekend)

Post  Hida Fat Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:48 pm

Yeah, i will be coming down with trevor if yall make it happen. Btw I voted for EE. I love me some EE.
Hida Fat
Hida Fat
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

The Forgotten Bay Charity Tournament  (Columbus Day Weekend)  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Forgotten Bay Charity Tournament (Columbus Day Weekend)

Post  Velo75 Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:55 pm

there's no way in hell it will be EE legal, the base set wont even be out...I'd love it to be but this will barely be SC legal

anyways I could come down if I was able to travel with the atlanta guys

Velo75
Velo75
Hero of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:06 am

After looking at legalities it will most likely be gencon format unless SecC is dropped by 9/8. Only EE events will most likely be mmid to laate dec this year. Glad to see everyone chiming in on if their coming. study
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo
Kenshinzen of The Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:10 am

Velo75 wrote:there's no way in hell it will be EE legal, the base set wont even be out...I'd love it to be but this will barely be SC legal

anyways I could come down if I was able to travel with the atlanta guys

Let us know if you guys need any help with accommodations. We'll try our best to make it a worthwhile trip for you guys.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  valentine Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:39 pm

I'm sure you can hitch a ride with us evan, one of us can steal a car that fits 6-7.
valentine
valentine
Forgotten Bay Bushi
Forgotten Bay Bushi

Back to top Go down

Post  Velo75 Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:02 pm

awesome trev consider me onboard, will hash out deets later
Velo75
Velo75

Back to top Go down

Post  Akodo Tealzooka Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:43 pm

You may want to contact Frank and have him add you to the list. Anyone know the store for Dec tourny?
Akodo Tealzooka
Akodo Tealzooka
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:29 am

Please help spread the word by reposting on all the different forums out there!! Here is the info below. I <3 you copy and paste!!

The Southeast is coming out in a big way this year! Congrats to all the stores that were able to get a tourney in the Southeast and ours was no exception. Here are the details below.

Location: Anthem-Games 5305 Ehrlich Rd. Tampa FL 33625 (813) 333-5386
Dates: 10/8
Estimated Start Time: 11am
Main Event Prize: Name a Holding or Personality
Honor Event? I plan on having a can food drive for a local charity. I am looking to obtain a specific prize for whoever donates the most.
Prizes: Based on Attendance for specifics but Top of Clan and Furthest Traveled will be on my list. A Sword has been promised by our http://www.theforgottenbay.com
Entry Fee: $10 and 3-5 food products or $20 The lower cost tourney will also ask for food donations along with the fee.

Winners and Top of Clan will receive custom features associated with their profile on http://www.theforgottenbay.com. Regarding local hotels or needing transportation from the airport post on http://www.theforgottenbay.com and we will get in contact with you and see what we can help with. If anyone needs in touch to see what we can help with. Thanks for reading and hope to see you there!

List of Hotels and Pre-reg link coming soon!
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:12 pm

Kakita Hideo wrote:Please help spread the word by reposting on all the different forums out there!! Here is the info below. I <3 you copy and paste!!

The Southeast is coming out in a big way this year! Congrats to all the stores that were able to get a tourney in the Southeast and ours was no exception. Here are the details below.

Location: Anthem-Games 5305 Ehrlich Rd. Tampa FL 33625 (813) 333-5386
Dates: 10/8
Estimated Start Time: 11am
Main Event Prize: Name a Holding or Personality
Honor Event? I plan on having a can food drive for a local charity. I am looking to obtain a specific prize for whoever donates the most.
Prizes: Based on Attendance for specifics but Top of Clan and Furthest Traveled will be on my list. A Sword has been promised by our http://www.theforgottenbay.com
Entry Fee: $10 and 3-5 food products or $20 The lower cost tourney will also ask for food donations along with the fee.

Winners and Top of Clan will receive custom features associated with their profile on http://www.theforgottenbay.com. Regarding local hotels or needing transportation from the airport post on http://www.theforgottenbay.com and we will get in contact with you and see what we can help with. If anyone needs in touch to see what we can help with. Thanks for reading and hope to see you there!

List of Hotels and Pre-reg link coming soon!

We should probably wait until we know whether it is a holding or a personality before going gung-ho on the other forums. We should also have the prizes figured out as well. Everything else looks solid.
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Velo75 Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:06 pm

also itd be good to stress that this is not SC legal, it'll be the same legality as Gen Con per today's announcement
Velo75
Velo75

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:20 pm

Working on that! Emailed Nicolas to see about possibly changing it to 10/15 as the masses love themselves SecC (Second City). Stay tuned!
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo

Back to top Go down

Post  panku Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:25 pm

Second City's legality has been changed to Oct 8th.
panku
panku
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay
Daimyo of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Updated legality date for SecC. It's 10/8 and we will be the first tourney for the SecC format. Everything is looking good!
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hida Fat Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:12 am

Ohhh sweet spirit of the berserker, I can't wait!!
Hida Fat
Hida Fat
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  valentine Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:00 am

Hida Fat wrote:Ohhh sweet spirit of the berserker, I can't wait!!

Don't make me play lion><
valentine
valentine
Forgotten Bay Bushi
Forgotten Bay Bushi

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayushi Yoshiro Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:34 am

Looking forward to this. Tampa heck of a lot more convient for Gainesvillians.

Bayushi Yoshiro
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:14 pm

Original Post (OP) updated with hotel links. If anyone is flying in let me know and i will provide airport area hotels with shuttle service.
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akodo Tealzooka Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:31 pm

Kakita Hideo wrote:
The Southeast is coming out in a big way this year!
scratch not sure I will be posting this line. But will list ever thing else Smile
Akodo Tealzooka
Akodo Tealzooka
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:30 am

Akodo Tealzooka wrote:
Kakita Hideo wrote:
The Southeast is coming out in a big way this year!
scratch not sure I will be posting this line. But will list ever thing else Smile

I see what you did there...... Dancing Banana

Pre-registration link is now up. Please pre-register as it allows me to get better prizes for everyone!!
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:45 am

What are everyone's thoughts on decklist? It will be the first tournament for the new environment and would allow our players to put a stamp on the meta-game? Let me know what everyone thinks.

Edit: I would use the decklist to post tournament results as long as those that make the cut don't mind me posting them of course.
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo

Back to top Go down

Post  Pruto Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:11 am

omfg, why is the ugly manatee on the pre-reg page?
Pruto
Pruto
Commander of the Forgotten Bay
Commander of the Forgotten Bay

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayushi Yoshiro Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:14 am

I'm fine with decklists, don't know about everyone else. I pretty much already know what deck I'll be playing so it's not a huge problem to write down the contents of said deck.

Bayushi Yoshiro
Forgotten Bay Student
Forgotten Bay Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:40 pm

Couldn't control that part lol. Hopefully the other pre-reg pric will be up soon as well. Looks like everything is falling into place. lol!
Pruto wrote:omfg, why is the ugly manatee on the pre-reg page?
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleep Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:49 pm

Kakita Hideo wrote:Couldn't control that part lol. Hopefully the other pre-reg pric will be up soon as well. Looks like everything is falling into place. lol!
Pruto wrote:omfg, why is the ugly manatee on the pre-reg page?

We gotta give respect to our manatee clan brothers who will hopefully be coming to the event!
Sleep
Sleep
Mod Team
Mod Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakita Hideo Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:05 am

How does this look? (Roughly based off of 25 people and a cut to top 4)

Winner-10 packs, Name a Card, Sword (Donated by www.theforgottenbay.com)
2nd Place-10 packs, Tanto (Donated by Pruto)
3rd Place-8 packs
4th place-8 packs

Top of Clan-Custom Title on www.theforgottenbay.com and Artwork Prints of the New Strongholds by Noah Bradley http://www.inprnt.com/gallery/noahbradley/
Bottom of Clan-Clan Deckbackers
Honor Winner-Sword(Donated by www.theforgottenbay.com) and 14 packs
Just missed the cut!- Foil pack and 2 packs
Bonus prizes include: Lion, Mantis, Scorpion, and Spider Mon deckbackers
Lion, Phoenix, and Crab Foil pack
CE15 Anniversary Dice Bags x 2

Everyone will receive a pack for entering and will be eligible for door prizes. Additional support may be provided by AEG. I'm working out the final details with the artist but everyone who pre-registers will help out and allow me to provide the best tournament possible. With that said, here's the link again!! http://www.anthem-games.com/catalog/event_registration/first_annual_forgotten_bay_l5r_tournament_preregistration/51512
Kakita Hideo
Kakita Hideo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next